Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spring - Official

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
Well that's always going to be "famous last words"...

But as the snow melted, here's what was showing already...

IMG_6800.JPG
IMG_6801.JPG
IMG_6802.JPG

Just sayin'....

And we had a lovely sunset last night, but this photie doesn't do it any justice...

IMG_6804.JPG

Bugger , i will trade some for as many gallons of rain water as you want :(

Really odd in a way, it was 15C on Saturday, I can't pretend it was actually warm but it was sunny and a very blue sky.

10 days ago, it was -15C and last Saturday we were building a snowman. :crazy:

Another beautiful sunny day today...

Spent yesterday planting 5 new fruit trees, and my 8yr old daughter reminded me that her zip-line needs fixing.

True enough, it's lost its tension, so she hits her bum on the high spot between the trees supporting the steel winch wire we're using for the zip.

So, today, parked the truck in a suitable position and set about rigging the winch. Pretty simple really, winch line up to a stout tree between, but just off-line of the zip, through a snatch-block and back to the "loose end" of the zip line.

Rigged it all up, gave it some gentle tension, then loosened the clamps. Once loose, I could crank it up with the winch.

IMG_9496.JPG

IMG_9517.JPG

IMG_9511.JPG

Before anyone says "that's not how to connect 2 shackles, well I know that, but I'm buggered if I could get them pin to pin, so one of them had to go sideways.

Anyway, I didn't give it too much welly, I'd have pulled the tree down if I'd given it too much !

IMG_9514.JPG

IMG_9513.JPG

This is the "stopper" to save Ana from crashing into the tree trunk!

IMG_9518.JPG

A finely balanced photo... nothing about "F" numbers, I'm 3m up standing on one leg... ! :whistle:

IMG_9515.JPG

These cable clamps are great, I was waiting for this to slip, but it didn't...

Looking uphill on my handywork...

IMG_9519.JPG

Managed to lose about 2' so it shows it was slack. Luckily, the downhill tree leans down the hill, so if anything I'm encouraging it to become vertical :lol:.

All I need now is to re-rig the chair for her. I used crappy nylon rope last time, which simply disintegrated after 2 years outside in the sun.

Sorry to keep mentioning sun, no offence meant... :shifty:

Beautiful day though, and just to keep to the theme of the thread, we had the mini-daffs out to play too...

IMG_9516.JPG

They really are tiny, too, as the fag packet shows...

IMG_9512.JPG

Last edited:
The gritters were out here last week :wtf: i can only guess the council decided they needed to make some space at the stores so they can beg central gov for more :icon-rolleyes:

Reactions: Pat
The gritters were out here last week :wtf: i can only guess the council decided they needed to make some space at the stores so they can beg central gov for more :icon-rolleyes:

Blimey Shayne you got in quick! I was still editing in photos!

It's funny, as we left the house this evening, it was snowing :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very strange i read your post without seeing a photo ? all there now though and i'm thinking a similar line from balcony to my trailer would allow me to whistle up for room service :lol:

Very strange i read your post without seeing a photo ? all there now though and i'm thinking a similar line from balcony to my trailer would allow me to whistle up for room service :lol:

You're up too early mate, for that malarkey!

You've had 3 or 4 cuppas before I get out of bed, normally.

Definitely spring here, we went to the local agricultural college that opens it doors so you can see some tasty treats... erm i mean lambs. Only do it for one day so gets busy too.

FB_IMG_1489954572594.jpg

Looks tasty
FB_IMG_1489954627494.jpg

FB_IMG_1489954599751.jpg

Oscar was more interested in the tractors then anything else!

Great, I would have been more interested in the tractor too!

There was once a man who was arrested 'cos his dog used to "worry" sheep. It used to chase them shouting "mint-sauce" :lol:

Nice day out by the looks of things, Gary :thumbup:

Reactions: Pat
It's only 10 mins down the road which is a nice change for a day out!

He loves his tractors and jcb's, will be taking him to digger land soon (a theme park where get to play with diggers)
Cries when try get him in the car and just points at the 80, just smiles when gets put in it. Lad has taste lol.

… i'm thinking a similar line from balcony to my trailer would allow me to whistle up for room service :lol:
I got part way through reading that Shayne and imagined Helen in the tent with you shouting 'Jeronimo' with a box of Milk Tray under your arm gathering speed down the wire…
:lol:

Last edited:

He loves his tractors and jcb's, will be taking him to digger land soon (a theme park where get to play with diggers)
Cries when try get him in the car and just points at the 80, just smiles when gets put in it. Lad has taste lol.

I'm just the same even after 11 years of ownership of the truck! :icon-biggrin:

My bottom lip starts going if I have to use the car :cry:...

We have one like that Gary his 4th birthday party today and i spent 3 hours lobbing kids away , but they kept coming back all 40 of them !

so i'm looking forward to Diggerland trusting they have no bouncy castles :pray:

We have one like that Gary his 4th birthday party today and i spent 3 hours lobbing kids away , but they kept coming back all 40 of them !

so i'm looking forward to Diggerland trusting they have no bouncy castles :pray:

I like the sound of diggerland.... :think:

I like the sound of diggerland.... :think:
Me too!

Way back when the water companies were sold off, my parents had shares in Southern Water. Occasionally they would do an open day at one of their plants. This one was at Witchwood Reservoir north of Lewes and I got to go as chauffeur. They had a couple of JCBs set up for the punters to have a go but not many takers were had so I went to have my go. Great I thought under the instruction of a trainee driver. I then decided all this ready dug stuff was getting boring so I went and took a great chunk out of the virgin grass a little way in front. CRUNCH came out of the ground as I dug in and out popped a piece of ducting with a thin wire in it. The trainee went a bit worried looking and said 'they're supposed to have swept this area'. I'm pretty sure I broke their telemetry cable as the poor chap explained that he hadn't even got to the stage of driving one, just a week of safety briefing and theory as he flipped the broken end of cable out of the duct.

Ooops!!

Last edited:

My 2.5 year old daughter was kicking off today as we were going out in the 330 not the cruiser. she even kissed the side and said love you cruiser....

She cracks me up sometimes.

When we go out through rivers and puddles she says hello crocodile

What must go through there minds

Back