Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sshhh! Dont tell the mrs....

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
20181208_160852.jpg

Cleaning out the injector housings on a 12 valve.
:shhh:

Feel free to add to the cause. You are safe here..

I found that a 12g shotgun brush was a perfect fit down mine

Put my light surrounds Ann’s bonnet springs in the dishwasher to clean them, then dried them in the over while the missus was at work!

I once cleaned some TY250 engine cases in the dishwasher while the ‘coast was clear’. No idea what’s in that dishwasher detergent but the cases came up a treat!

I once cleaned some TY250 engine cases in the dishwasher while the ‘coast was clear’. No idea what’s in that dishwasher detergent but the cases came up a treat!

Makes me wonder about the glass washer fluid they use in pubs , i know someone who took a swig because some dunce left it on the bar in a whiskey glass - he went straight to hospital for a few days it melted the skin in his throat i think though no long term damage , be good for cleaning engines maybe .

First bike a ruined was a TY 250 my mate wanted to borrow my scrambler and i only found out the TY was supposed to be that slow when it ceased at 60 or 70mph :oops:

I'm installing our old dishwasher in the shed as a parts washer. Outlet will be going into a waste water barrell... Saves all questions, and makes complete sense... to me anyway... Better than the time I cleaned a gearbox top plate off a tractor in the utility room...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think I've been forgiven for the time I was caught servicing the mountain bike forks in the kitchen, or the time I had the speedo cluster for the Land Cruiser stripped apart on the kitchen bench... there are also the times where I just get hosed off outside the laundry and made to go in via that door and straight to the shower...

I put the Cursed Smart car engine in the dishwasher one evening. It came up like it had just left the factory. The dishwasher on the other hand had every single plastic surface covered in some kind of film I can only guess was from the synthetic oil. :doh:

A dishwasher cleaner did nothing, so I spent the next three hours manually going over every inch of plastic cap, cover, clip and basket to remove it all.

I’ve often thought of having an old one as a parts washer but it would be idle for most of the time.

Last edited:
I now remember I used a vacuum cleaner in a similar fashion when I cleaned out the injector seats and tubes. I found 20mm plastic conduit with a bit of fine sandpaper or emery wrapped tightly round the end made a nicely fitting tool that could have extraction of the debris by connecting to a vacuum cleaner. Seemed to work well as I recall.

During freezing weather I put a tube of black polyurethane sealer in the microwave to soften it. I did not realise it was a metal tube. Sparks and black smoke! Had to take microwave into the garden to open the door.

Baked the KZ head in the oven multiple times to un-warp and straighten it

Then placed a large piece of glass on top mum's dining table to sand down the head perfectly flat.

Had to do that x 2 Beau after overheating a Rover v8 engine one morning. Soft ally heads and back together same day. Beautifully simple engine.

Back