Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Starter motor up the Swannee

Chris said:
I could buy one from Milners, but to be honest after the customer service I have just received over the radiator that didn't fit - by a mile, I have told them that I won't be sourcing one from them. Or possibly much else either. I am cross. A radiator that doesn't fit and there response was 'We gave you £10 discount when you bought it. IT DIDN'T FIT AND WAS £200!

I will see what their response it to my latest mail, at which point I shall post something on 'parts suppliers' be it good news or bad. I have pointed out that there are several cruiser forums and people already list the good and bad products that they supply. Maybe they don't know this?

Chris
I tried their warranty claims "department" about my CV and they do seem oblivious to the fact that there is a lot of bad press about their "weaker" products. "we've never heard anyone having a problem with these CVs" I have heard of several...

Rob, that is exactly what I am talking about. Carl on the desk is knowledgeable and helpful - but ask him anything like 'how about some Milner off road stickers or t shirts' and he throws up his hands and says 'I keep telling them'. There are people behind the scenes who don't interact with the public sufficiently. I have had some great stuff from them and some bits that are rubbish. I had to fit a rad to a Hilux for my mate. That was rubbish too. Ok Ok I could fit OEM, I don't have £400 for a rad. All I ask of a copy part is that it fits! Why would a copy rad have different dimensions? It don't make no sense, it don't.

C

There are other pattern parts... I discovered mine has a Hella starter motor on it whilst under it the other day. Some of the larger electricals do their own refurbs. Might be worth a look...

I totally agree chris. A pattern part should still be a spot on fit and a bolt in job. You get it alot with various parts not only toyota or millner. Still doesnt make it right though. :naughty:

Precisely Karl - that's why they call it a 'pattern' part. So how come the holes were 20 mm out? And, they weren't interested? Not like it was dirt cheap either.

I was pretty cross.

Chris (ooer that would be Chris Cross?)

I don't know if Milners have changed their sources, but 3 years ago I ended up putting 2 of their starters in a Isuzu Trooper within a couple of months - it seems that they don't like the wet too much and as Milner Off Road keep on telling me, they cannot guarantee/warrant their products for off road use :o

I certainly wouldn't waste money on their starters again.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Fortunately I now have a genuine Denso one in there with new gubbins inside.

Chris

I went green laning around Hampshire yesterday :thumbup: went through a lot of water and collected a fair amount of mud :o , so today I thought I'd pay a visit to our local East European chappies car wash, but the beast seemed to like being dirty :twisted: , turned the key and click, that's all :cry: .
I shall have to search for the big hammer tomorrow and threaten the starter motor, the battery monitor is reading 12.something volts so I don't think it's a battery problem, I tried pressing the link button on the split charge thingy to link in the third battery but that didn't make any difference :naughty: , it's probably muck on the starter contacts

Hi Chris
Presumably it is possible to bypass the change over solenoid to check everything else is OK? I have same solenoid. How many miles has your LC done? I've never heard of a change over solenoid packing up.

Frank

Hi Frank, nothing wrong with mine, I think it's Chas who has the problem :D

Mine all fixed now, lovely. It was the contacts inside that were shot and as it was a copy, the internal wires were rubbish too and just broke.

Chris

Yes it is me that still has the problem, still can't get the starter to turn over, hit it with the big hammer, put the charger on in case it was low battery but nothing :thumbdown: , just the dreaded click, so I am grounded at the moment.
I have also noticed another battle scar :doh: , the front nearside wheel arch extension has disappeared, lying on some Hampshire green lane I expect, I think I'll just take the others off now instead of trying to scource a replacement.

Back