Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Starter Woes

pugwash

Country Flag
uk
Like many am having starter woes - car starts really well, lots of power, but the starter isn't disengaging properly (and very occasionally the starter doesn't engage).

So what parts are serviceable, and does anyone have the part numbers by any chance?

I have had a look at this and it seems that it really isnt worth repairing it if its anything more than just the starter contacts. I need to replace the output gear and to do that I need to replace the entire clutch assembly. I will buy a used one and change the starter contacts. You can get all the part numbers of toyodiy.

Mine behaved like that before I changed the started contacts and then it was fine. I only changed my contacts once in all the time I had it :) I remember doing something with the little breather but it was a long time ago and I'm getting old so I can't remember what :roll:

Have a couple of drams and see if it oils the grey cells Jon, :thumbup: I've got a spare starter motor I will be fitting some new contacts in and any mod to the breather could be done at the same time.

28226 and 28226A. You will also need 28235 the plunger.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I *think* all I did was clean it out and make sure it was working properly, I don't think I modified it, and made sure everything was sealed up properly i.e. the end plate and the terminals. That would have been in 2003 and it went through plenty of dirty water etc after that.

Main thing though when the contacts are playing up is to sort them out PDQ so you don't cook the motor or damage the gears like Robs :(

Back