Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Starting problem

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Hi chaps

Wifey popped in on Saturday morning telling me the Colorado wouldn't start :eusa-hand: So she biked down to the shops for bacon as it was Saturday morning & we all needed bacon butties obviously

Anyhoo, got to have a look at it & yep, it wouldn't start - just a substantial clack noise...

Got the hundee in front & jump leads out - no difference

Clever chap walking by said put it in reverse & rock it to & fro... And woof, the beast lived!!! Did a few on off starts & all good.

Came to this morning & though I'd best check it before she heads off to work but all we get is the same clack from Saturday morning :thumbdown:

I'm thinking solenoid failure & have seen the thread in FAQ's but just wanted collective thoughts :cool:

Much appreciated

Sounds like the starter has had it to me, could get yourself a second hand one to tide you over and a refurb kit off ebay to overhaul the original and put on spares shelf.

Those symptoms usually mean knackered solenoid contacts = cheap and easy but you can't rule out the motor itself until you stop being a slacker and fetch it off to have a squint inside the solenoid, won't take you long :icon-wink:

Back