Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Starting to get very excited

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Had some great news today.

Following TOR Posting their new project vehicle (silver LWB Collie) I decided that a cheeky little post in the comments was in order. So I popped this pic from Lincomb up with the comment; One day it could look like this!!!!!!
536863_10200187268752194_1027530508_n_zpsadef828a.jpg

This was followed up by a brief exchange

Total Off-Road That's pretty much the plan, Christopher! Is that your truck? We've still never featured a Colorado in the mag - yours could still be the first!

Christopher Blake Yep that ones mine. Still adding bits all the time. Would love to be in TOR with it.

Total Off-Road Nice one - drop us a PM via Facebook or email the Ed at [email protected] and we'll go from there!

So I sent them an email last week and got a response today.

Hi Chris

Many thanks for your email the other day. I'm definitely interested in your truck (not only to nick ideas for the Colorado we've just bought), if you'd be up for us doing something about it in TOR?

We've got a couple of photoshoots coming up which aren't a million miles away from you, if the dates would suit and you'd be up for coming along. One is at Tong, near Bradford, on 17 August, if you fancy a bit of time on the M62. The next will be even nearer, at Kirton Off Road Centre the following weekend - not sure which day yet, but we're going to be going to the bank holiday weekender there to shoot one of the marshals' vehicles.

Would either of those be any use to you? It normally takes about 2 hours to get all the pics we need of a vehicle, so you wouldn't be tied up for the whole day. Do let me know - it would be good to sniff around a Colorado that's already had the sort of stuff done that we're planning for ours!

Best regards
Alan

Looking at doing the Kirton one and I am really getting rather excited.

Thats awesome Chris. :clap:

Looking forward to seeing the article. :thumbup:

Fame will only bring you lots of money and a posh new truck ....... run and hide Chris ! :lol:

Hopefully they'll be a bit more prompt than the last lot of media types I encountered!

By the time they finally got round to running the article (and realising they needed more/better pictures than they had), it was 18 months after they'd taken the details and the project had been broken up and sold on.

Thats awesome Chris. :clap:

Looking forward to seeing the article. :thumbup:

Well I'm more optimistic! Great news, I would be very proud if anything like that were to happen to me! :dance:

best of luck my friend -hope you have more luck than I did with mr kidd , same deal just took two years to get back to me

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to hear Chris, saw the exchange on FB and figured you'd probably get a shoot out of it :icon-biggrin:

TOR are pretty good when it comes to the shoot, my brother got his name in with my old SJ (I wasn't about :doh:) and he said they asked all the right questions etc...

:icon-cool: I shall look forward to that edition :icon-biggrin:

Nice one. They're quite good when do a shoot, when did mine a few years back (blue trooper) they took a load of pics then I had to fill out a form via e mail with all the details of the vehicle. They might of changed it a bit nowadays but it worked well so don't forget anything by trying to list mods on the spot.

Start doing your own write up Chris as personal experience always reads better than an on the spot summary most articles offer , sure it will be edited , but so is Wilbur Smith , you never know it may lead to greater things . Lifes like that .

Thanks for all the support guys. Been giving Dirty Girl a bit of a spruce up this weekend in readiness and she is looking well.

Shayne...I dont know weather to laugh or be insulted. Lol surely my welding isn't that bad

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just joking mate your trucks built for a purpose mines just a pretender , your making me jealous with your welding i've never had call to do anything but dab a temporary spot of weld on something broken while working around farms an stuff . Your success is making me wanna go buy myself a welder !

Just a couple of pics of Dirty Gal looking not quite so Dirty

20130813_163451_zpsbe7b8e01.jpg

20130813_163441_zps449c7f61.jpg

20130813_163519_zpsd80486be.jpg

20130813_163531_zpsf3604841.jpg

Well the after affects of a spruce up. I think she's looking well. Can't decide what to do about the scratches and dings though, every one has its story to tell plus the fact I'm pretty sure that they won't be the last so I am thinking stickers may be the way to go???? Your Thoughts????

It astonishes me how well these trucks clean up . IMO every dent and scratch screams "been there done that ........ and I'm not afraid to do it again" .

They say a pictures worth a thousand words , these pics say to me "Old Faithful" = well loved despite her scars .

Last edited:
they did my red Cherokee a few years ago, good day to be honest but loads of standing round, if they ask who wants to go first jump in. Dont expect the thing to go in straight away I think mine was about 18 months later when it appeared. Does feel good when you see it though

Back