Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

steering column tilt motor.

frank rabbets

Guru
I have invented an easy fix for this motor.

The one I repaired is back on my car and working perfectly.

I need a scrap motor so I can do a sticky.

There is no guarantee yet, as to how long the fix will last but it is not a Micky Mouse job.

Frank

Would the same repair apply to the in and out worn gear motor??

Lucky for me I've just secured a pair of brand new steering motors (thank you Mr Wildsmith and Mr Peter). All I need now is for SOMEONE to fit them.......

Lucky for me I've just secured a pair of brand new steering motors (thank you Mr Wildsmith and Mr Peter). All I need now is for SOMEONE to fit them.......

How did you do that then? I've been asking for them for ages but no response in the wanted section.........

Sorry 'peach, Dude snaffled those a long time before your post but only collected them recently...

Yo the Dark Dude moves in mysterious ways!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
sorry to,hijack this, :) there is a way to turn the motor off via the Toyota diagnostics, does anyone know if this is possible with out that?

sorry to,hijack this, :) there is a way to turn the motor off via the Toyota diagnostics, does anyone know if this is possible with out that?
AFAIK there isn't. But u can use the TechStream software with dongle available from the far east. Search.

I have invented an easy fix for this motor.

The one I repaired is back on my car and working perfectly.

I need a scrap motor so I can do a sticky.

There is no guarantee yet, as to how long the fix will last but it is not a Micky Mouse job.

Frank
Hi Frank,

Please assist me with this repair - thanks

I have to admit defeat on this. My fix worked for about 1 month but then failed. the fix was to make a PTFE washer to take the place of what was worn through on the original motor. Unfortunately this wore through as well. I just unplugged it to disable and then turned the motor spindle, to replicate motor working, to adjust the steering tilt to an acceptable overall compromise.

Hi,
Amayama do them direct from UAE for around £140 each but there will some customs charges, vat and postage to add but still sounds bettter than through UK dealer network.

Hi,
Amayama do them direct from UAE for around £140 each but there will some customs charges, vat and postage to add but still sounds bettter than through UK dealer network.
Thanks for that will look into it, both motors have been gone for ages, can the Auto retract function be disabled or is that a myth?

Easy to disable the auto up-an-away function by using techstream or t0yota tester. That way the motors are used only when you use the button/joystick, and they will last forever.
I wish we could reach out to all 100 series owners before the motors are used up, and not only come here after the fact.

Back