Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steering geometry KZJ78

graysworld

Would someone be able to confirm the steering geometry settings for my KZJ78 please. Are they as the manual downloaded from this forum? After the fitting of the new tyres and the setting of said geometry the truck now pulls badly to the left. The tyre place said they had the vehicles specifications in their computer system and I believed them. After 3 visits and it still isnt correct, when I got home I checked the original print out they gave me...they have set it up as a RZJ90/95 VZJ90/95 prado! so completely the wrong vehicle. I am kicking myself (softly) as I should know better having had problems with my even rarer Iveco 4x4. Anyway luckily the place is not far away, but I would like to go back with the correct specifications so all help appreciated.

Regards Graeme

Would someone be able to confirm the steering geometry settings for my KZJ78 please. Are they as the manual downloaded from this forum? After the fitting of the new tyres and the setting of said geometry the truck now pulls badly to the left. The tyre place said they had the vehicles specifications in their computer system and I believed them. After 3 visits and it still isnt correct, when I got home I checked the original print out they gave me...they have set it up as a RZJ90/95 VZJ90/95 prado! so completely the wrong vehicle. I am kicking myself (softly) as I should know better having had problems with my even rarer Iveco 4x4. Anyway luckily the place is not far away, but I would like to go back with the correct specifications so all help appreciated.

Regards Graeme
Can't help with that Gray, but I assume those monkeys won't be charging you again. Wasn't the famous QF, was it. I wouldn't trust them with a trades bike in a lay by. Hope you get it sorted now you have done the leg work for them. Take a few bananas as bribes to get it right.

Not QF No way! It was Protyre they are normally okay. No chance of recharging me unless they want a bill for my time waiting for them to get it wrong 3 times so far!
I will see what they say tomorrow about it.

Not QF No way! It was Protyre they are normally okay. No chance of recharging me unless they want a bill for my time waiting for them to get it wrong 3 times so far!
I will see what they say tomorrow about it.
The trouble is with a lot of places, tyres, garages, etc they don't want to say they can't do it, even though they have never seen one and don't know what the hell it is. Their thinking, - it's got four wheels, simple .
I found that with my import 78 many years ago, even the insurance companies didn't have a clue, and despite me repeatedly telling them, they still kept trying to insure it for something else

Where are you gray perhaps someone can recommend a place .
Shayne, Gray is going back to Protyre, as he has already paid them to do the job over 3 visits. Now.......
If he gets a refund because they don't understand, then he may well want recommendations

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well now I am going to try to get a refund...They have put the correct specificatons into the computer controlled machine and set it to that. It's still not correct. They now tell me the front tie rod is seized! But the tracking is spot on! The camber is out and they say there is no adjustment. A retired engineer friend of mine has told me do do it myself. And toold me how. So I will try for a refund £31, it will be hassle I know and I will end in a big argument. Already had a small one! So I am in the south of Dorset, so any recomendations? only of somewhere that has definately set one of these up. I am so used to doing most things myself It is so anoying when people can't do something. I have been given a load of excuses...It's got aftermarket shocks the old tyres were worn in! etc etc. I will keep you posted but won't get to un seize the tie rod for a fews days at least as I am busy with other stuff. Any more advice appreciated.

Regards Graeme

Thank you Shayne, I know Semley well having worked there many moons ago!

Regards Graeme

Did they have a laser wheel alignment machine many moons ago , took me 8 years to find an M.O.T station that actually knew the difference between an old Landcruiser and one of those bmw mommy buses .

Interesting that after 3 goes with their 'correct information', they are now telling you that a front tie rod is seized and there is no camber adjustment, + springs, tyres. Strange how they never picked that up before.
A typical case of turning the blame back to the customer, because of their cowboy operation.
They should have picked that up immediately on the first go, and advised, and there is no way they could have got it correct anyway, given the above admissions. Go for your refund Gray, if they are a reputable tyre company they will probably belong to some association, use it as leverage, and follow through.

Back