Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steering wheel compatability

Gizmops

Country Flag
spain
Hi all, the steering wheel on my 1992 HDL80 VX is well worn and getting sticky. Cleaning has not worked. I have found that some parts are common with other Toyota vehicles, can you suggest any possibilities. As I am in Spain a scrap yard is probably my best source. Thanks

Hi Dave, it had a leather one on when I bought her, I didn't like the feel of it so took it off. Now I know why. Thanks, it might be an option if I can't get a replacement.

Not sure what series they were for, but if you go back to the leather route, someone on here a while ago was doing good quality stitched steering wheel covers and gear knobs I believe.
Can't remember who, but hopefully they see this and chime in, or those members that had them will.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any Toyota of the same era will fit. I fitted one to my GX that came out of a 90’s celica. About an inch smaller in diameter so gave a bit more steering feel.

And just the other day I got a mint wheel out of a Lexus ls400 for my Amazon which is a direct replacement for the 95-98 80’s.

Both trucks are post 1995 and are 4 spoke wheels. Depends if you want a like for like wheel or can settle for a different shape.

Or you can go full bling
A0063B86-AD83-4540-A80D-B5C4CF3C420B.jpeg

the 100 series wood/leather wheel has the same spline but different airbag and cruise connectors so no good, in fact I'll advertise it in a mo .....

Back