Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steering

....and I got home tonight to a broken ball-valve arm, in the cold water storage tank, so I had a 3” deep flood in the basement to deal with...

Tomorrow is house maintenance, a new ball valve and installing an overflow pipe in the tank.

Thread-jack over... nite nite
Oh bugger!

By the way, Mike, I’ve sent you messages in your “inbox” (top right hand corner) to help you manage your pages, but I’ve had no replies.

What do you use to access the forum, a PC, Laptop, Phone or Pad? It might help us to help you.

I have only got something that says conversations, is this what you mean.

Look i dint come on this site to get lectures on how to behave or how to think logical, like some people have said. Not everybody i know uses these site for polite chit chat, if somebody asks me a question i will gladly answer it, if somebody asks me about my truck i will tell them, but i came on this site to ask questions relating to the truck as its new to me and im just looking for help. I never set out to offend anybody and as i said before, if people take my answers the wrong way, there is nothing i can do about that.

Mike PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU. You say you don’t understand, that’s ok, so people try and give you pointers so that you can understand. You do need to put some effort in yourself to interpret what is being said. We aren’t getting offended. It however seems that you are getting offended whenever we take the time to try and explain something, often more than once.

Conversations is what you need to click on for your ‘inbox’, ‘PMs’ or ‘Private Messages’. You will then see a list of those messages that have been sent to you. Click on each of them and it’s like a thread but is only visible to those members that are party to the thread.

Mike, you asked about ideas why your steering was feeling light and sensitive to ruts in the asphalt, and I have responded with my ideas mostly in posts #8 and #9 above.

I just want to be sure you've seen them, that's all.

You said you didn't understand how to set your signature so I sent you some guidance how to do that by a conversation in your inbox.

None of the above has been acknowledged by you as having been received.

I'm not offended, it's your call.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And yes Mike, "conversations" is what I mean" and in my conversations to you (and my posts" I have been very polite.

One of the refreshing aspects of this forum is that folks are polite to each other.

Mike i well remember joining this forum , because it was the first i ever joined and it remains the only one i ever use and so i still recall trying to decipher what to me was a new language . I'm half deaf too so communication for me is a botch job of hearing , body language , facial expressions and or whatever .

I just skimmed through this thread and i can see where it went wrong , what the guys were offering in internet speak was a forum use tip is all .

Clive put up a very long and time consuming post about steering for you and then because he's a 90 year old virgin he posted up stuff about the weather . As you replied to the weather post and not the steering post it seems likely you may have missed the earlier one .

The tip is to to find your last comment on your own threads and read onwards from there so you see all replies since your last visit .

…and if you select ‘Recent Posts’ from the menu up the top (you may need to click ‘New Posts first for this to appear if it doesn’t show straight away) possibly under your Ad blocker, you’ll find this is a very useful trick to see just the new stuff.

...and then because he's a 90 year old virgin he posted up stuff about the weather....

Me being a 90 year old virgin has nothing to do with it Shayne :lol:

I’m a Brit, and it seems that’s all we Brits talk about, I can’t help that... and its summer in OZ and winter here (at last)...

Back