Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stock/OME coil dimensions

Blomdala

Country Flag
united_states
Hello everyone!

I am peicing together some information to convert a leaf sprung 70 over to a coil system. Because 70 graced USA with its presence, the factory axles and most components are not so easily attainable. HOWEVER, 80's are cheap and plentiful, especially if you only want parts of them!

So the radius arms are the same PN between a 70 and an FZJ80(as well as LX), but the axle housing is different which makes sense from a bracketry standpoint.

ok short story is over, on to the questions!

Can anyone provide a rough measurement of the top and the bottom of a stock and an aftermarket (OME is the first taht comes to mind) front coil? one more, can anyone provide a roug measurement from the center of the spring to the lower shock mount? I think diameter of the coil, and the shock mounting location is my only concern as the radius arms are the same and i can easily get the frame side coil bracket.

I want to compare the measurement against a coil from 70 series axle to see if an 80 axle is possible for a swap. That would make finding used factory parts much easier! Thank you!!

Back