Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Storage Net Upgrade

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Guys after using the camping setup discovered in the earliest point that I need to be more organised and utilise the rear cargo area better. One of my first thoughts has been to put up a cargo net in the rear ceiling area.

Anyone else done this id be interested in you sharing?

My thoughts are for easy access to put away things with it not aiding any higher in storage area being lost than to where I currently aim.

Thanks

d1b7f04120be7529b7090b2553f59055.jpg IMG_7271.png

I made my one out of a couple of old seatbelts. Works ok to stuff all the bedding and jackets up out of the way.

20180726_201047.jpg

20180726_175053.jpg

It hasn't got as many mounting points or as good a tensioning system as the rock road one one though. My one is made from 2 old seatbelts, some M8 bolts and washers, a caribiner, and Rivnuts to fix it into the roof. It is fixed in where the headlining buttons used to be, and the cross pieces go under the grab handles at the sides.

I never dropped the headlining, so there may be more mounting points available.

I made my one out of a couple of old seatbelts. Works ok to stuff all the bedding and jackets up out of the way.

View attachment 148545

View attachment 148546

It hasn't got as many mounting points or as good a tensioning system as the rock road one one though. My one is made from 2 old seatbelts, some M8 bolts and washers, a caribiner, and Rivnuts to fix it into the roof. It is fixed in where the headlining buttons used to be, and the cross pieces go under the grab handles at the sides.

I never dropped the headlining, so there may be more mounting points available.

Thanks Richard I saw yours a while ago. I’m kinda looking at a net system and gonna work out the mounting points being that there aren’t many choices and don’t really want to drill into the headliner ceiling tbh.

Have to work with the two side speaker enclosures and the mid altimeter sensor in the back middle. Will see how I get on I guess.

Last edited:
Guys having bought a cargo net from Ebay for £10 recently only now had a chance to put it up. Looking at the best way without having to drill holes I tried to use the existing fixing points and in doing so bought 4 meters of grey strap and folded it and sowed. This was to hide it a little around the roof area.

I then using the cargo bay top RHD speaker burnt a hole into the strap and fixed it with the screw back. Then did the same to the handles and back to the opposite side speaker pulling tightly so to limit the stretch as much as possible. Remembering to burn the ends this gave me a base to add extra lines of rope to that which I bought in black to match.

The rope I added 2 on each side and 4 for the rear whilst the front had two clip claws I used to hold between the rubber window gasket and the roof lining.

For now I also added a rope tie to the rear door light and am looking to add later a support or two using the altimeter housing base for the middle.

IMG_7371.jpeg IMG_7372.jpeg IMG_7369.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not bad I think tbh but time will tell Guys how it stands up.A few foldable kitchen items on their fo now. Another nice addiction to the truck giving more functionality to the rear thankfully. :thumbup:

IMG_7367.jpeg IMG_7370.jpeg

Back