Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Storage solutions.

Has anyone got anything else to add to this?

Im getting to the point now where ive got to kit the camper out. ;)

Our current set up is nothing too different to the rest. Again, it is in progress and I'm going to take the rear seats out to extend the space inside. The plan is similar to many, create a suitable flat space on the top of the drawers that can be utilised for sleeping in inclement weather. All of our gear fits in a few boxes, so we will still have oodles of room when done. The picture below is jammed with gear up as we still have the rear seats in the normal position on that occasion. I've convinced the Good Woman that for our next trip, I'll take them out. The bags on the back door are very handy for small, needy items.

upload_2019-4-18_13-55-39.png

Now that there’s three of you Karl, what are you planning to do about rear seats?

I’ve been thinking about a storage/sleeping setup but since I use the truck every day I’d need it to be lightweight and modular and easy to get in and out and store. Plus it would have to accommodate at least one seat in the back.

Now that there’s three of you Karl, what are you planning to do about rear seats?

I’ve been thinking about a storage/sleeping setup but since I use the truck every day I’d need it to be lightweight and modular and easy to get in and out and store. Plus it would have to accommodate at least one seat in the back.

Ive refitted the passenger rear jacob. im building around that the fridhe and the water tank. the issue with the seat is that its that bloody big. oviously its half the centre seat too :-\

i used to sleep in the truck when i was just me. i have a set of draws that you could lift in and out. fold the seats flat and that formed a bed area.

Wanting to keep 7 seats i've been dreaming up a wolf box or something similar mounted on a swing out wheel carrier , store whatever in it and the lid drops down to give me a table to make a cuppa on without even opening the truck .

Make me one while your at it won't ya :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@garygiles1963 i used this lightweight ply when I did my camper conversion on my Transporter, has stood up well during use

https://www.grassroutesleisure.co.uk/vohringer-ply-edging-tools/c6

Cheers
Looks nice stuff there Jake. I’m guessing the hollow stuff Gary linked to, would be for special edging construction only. Could be very nice. As a guide my drawer carcass is 50kg and that’s with 6kg of holes cut in it. No runners no drawers. There’s lighter ways to make these I’m sure.

I've feeted the compressor, water pump, "electrical system" and gas on the left side (I'm moving the gas outside)

A drawing system with stove, fridge and so on.

The water tank as a triangular shape between rear seat and drawers.

I now have all the right side to fit the lithium battery (buying the cells you can shape the battery as you want to adapt it to the room you have), MPPT, DC/AC adaptor and maybe a boiler.

In this way I'm still having usable rear seats.

If you want to sleep in, you can keep drawers lower then mine.

20180120_170739.jpg 20180310_170911.jpg 20180807_200242.jpg 20180414_124644.jpg

To have the rear seats free, I'm preparing supports for table, chairs bench and ladder under the roof rack.

Screenshot_20190421-081247_Gallery.jpg

Looks like lightweight flight case material. I can see that could be very useful but the design may be a little complex. I designed a whole drawer system out of aluminium but it was going to be tricky to make and costly as a one off. I don’t suppose this stuff is cheap but it certainly looks strong and lightweight.

Yes I saw those or similar but the way I’ve got the drawer setup inside the back of the truck there wouldn’t be the room for them so I’ve got the mattress on it’s way. 14th May it says for Delivery…from Germany. The exact day I need it. Hmmm, we will see.

Aeronick where did you get those long drawer runners from and what are they rated at ta steve

Aeronick where did you get those long drawer runners from and what are they rated at ta steve

Brand is "Accurade"
I had mine from "Metrol spring srl"
Price is high... around 80£ each if I remember well.
Length change a lot the price...I think under 76 cm is much cheaper.

Back