Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Strange CD/Radio issue

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
After about a year and a half, Finally got some batteries rigged up on the project 12v and tested all the electrics and every thing works,.... but if i have the CD/Radio on it cuts out if i touch anything, ... Like put my foot on the brake, put the side lights on, even opening the door, so the interior light comes on.. seems to cut out the radio/cd. Its a standard Toyota CD Radio cassette...... Cant fathom it out.... If anyone has experienced this........ :confusion-shrug: Cheers

Try earthing it directly or supplying voltage directly. Faulty feed(s) I would have thought.

How good are the batteries? Check the voltage drop when you turn something else on.

Thanks Chaps,The Batteries were an old pair, With the charger rigged up to them while im checking things over, Enough power to have the lights on /wind windows /Sun roof up and down etc.....Guess it could be dodgy Batteries, Il have a check over today.........Again Thanks

Higgy could be the charger have you tried the radio with the battery charger disconnected might get rid of the hissing interference

Last edited:
I think its sorted...... The output fuse had blown on the charger, So for two days iv had the charger on doing 'Naff' all, I just thought it was ok 'coz' it was still humming away like it does. :wtf: ...... I guess the batteries drained over the course of the day while i 'wor' messing with stuff, All seems ok now....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Discovered that there is an alarm/buzzer to let me know that id left the sun roof open.... Once id got out with the keys in my hand, Took me a while to fathom out what it was.... Closed the sun roof and the alarm /buzzer stopped..... Didn't know it had that....unless it hasn't and its for something else :confusion-shrug:

Back