Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sub tank access

Greggo

Country Flag
australia
I'd better introduce myself before asking any questions.

My name's Greg and I live in Berwick area Victoria. I've got the 105 series FZ-FE (petrol/LPG) that's done a lot of miles, but still keeps on going. I need the 4WD for my work, and I do spend a lot of time in the bush for fun and work.

Now my question: I'm having dramas with my Sub tank pump and need to access it for either testing and/or replacement. I really dont want to go to the trouble of dropping the tank if it turns out I've only got a connection issue.

Also, is there a way of isolating the Sub pump so it doesn't automatically activate on start-up?

there is a access panel under the cargo area carpet. similar to the main tank.

Good stuff. Thanks a lot for that.

Do you know if there is a way I can disconnect the pump, maybe a connection somewhere I can undo? It keeps blowing the EFI fuse on start-up.

It turns out this access panel is only for the sender unit, so I'm going to have to drop the tank. Are there any tricks to dropping the sub tank...or is it just awkward?

Hi Greggo,

i dropped mine recently and it was simple. Empty the tank, disconnect the filler and vent pipe, disconnect the fuel and return line, disconnect the sender unit (disconnect anything else that might be there) and undo the 2 bolts holding the straps. Its worth covering the fuel and return lines so you don't get and crud into the system.

Good luck

N

Reactions: uHu
Hi Greggo,

i dropped mine recently and it was simple. Empty the tank, disconnect the filler and vent pipe, disconnect the fuel and return line, disconnect the sender unit (disconnect anything else that might be there) and undo the 2 bolts holding the straps. Its worth covering the fuel and return lines so you don't get and crud into the system.

Good luck

N
Thanks mate. I ended up taking out the tank the way you suggested, a bit awkward, but not too bad. The hardest part was getting the filler and breather hoses back on while balancing the tank on my knees. Thanks again for the help.

Cheers, Greg.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back