Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sub Tank Installation Advice / Guide (Diesel)

dyladams

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

I have managed to get my hands on a "Full" (I Hope) Sub tank kit for my 80VX HD-FT .

I have done some research and believe that the 2 tanks in the OEM format are NOT directly connected together, but pipework is split via 2 solenoid valves (Supply and return). Thus the Pump in the engine compartment does all the work. There is then a switch on the Dashboard (There should be a wiring harness?) that then activates the solenoid to change over.

Looks like there is a wiring harness in the back to connect the tank to and hopefully this goes all the way to the position of the OEM fuel tank indicator above the rear view mirror.

I have tried to get as much information as possible before I attempt the DIY installation and thus thought I would ask if anyone has any advice / drawings / photos / links etc that might be useful.

I have found a pretty good write-up on IH8MUD, but this is for the petrol version that I believe pumps the fuel from the Sub tank to the main tank.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated - including if anyone has an advice on how to make the install better / easier.

Back