Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sun roof

Tractionman

Country Flag
england
Hi, anyone know where drain holes should exit on lj78. Mine appear to drain through a small manufactured opening in the seam on the sill, in the region under driver and passenger doors respectively, is this correct. thanks guys.

John

I think its correct! But you can check on the Bens Thread,page 104,105 He explains great everything works on

Thanks Bobo, yeah should have remembered Ben replaced the whole roof after that roll over - will check it out.

John

Have just checked Ben`s build thread page 104 and photos show drains from sunroof going all the way to side vents at rear, which means I think I have a problem!
The reason I asked the Q is because I have a small seepage around the drivers side grab handle. I think water is running down inside of pillars, a small amount around thread on grab handle screw and exiting in truck - dripping on elec. window controls in door. I am assuming that although water is draining from both sunroof corners, it is running directly down both door pillars and exiting where mentioned. This means, I think, that somehow both pipes from sunroof have become detached - effing hell!! I originally thought sunroof vents were blocked and used a watering can to put water down drain holes, to find it running out of sills where previously mentioned. I have now removed grab, siliconed the screw holes and screwed back on, hopefully stopping water entry.
Anyone got any advice on removing headlining, as previous experience with this on other vehicles has been a disaster - especially putting back. Thanks.

John

the easiest way to check pipes is to connect air presser pistol on the end of pipe where is a went.,open sun roof and see whats happens upstairs

Back