Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Support needed on how to disassemble back door on J120

EdRaket

Country Flag
netherlands
I am a newby and would appreciate if someone can point me in a direction to find some instructions on how to remove the silver strip at the back door of my J120. I want to take it off, so I can treat the rust that is appearing there. (see foto). I guess it needs to be disassembled from the inside out - instead of just trying I would be more comfortable if I can learn / see beforehand how it should be done.
Thanks for the support,
Ed (Netherlands)

Attachments

• Toyota 120.jpeg
    Toyota 120.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 38
I believe it's held in place by body clips so should just pull off. Mine now just pulls off after someone pulled on it thinking it was the door opener. Couple of the clips are now broken so is quite lose.

I tried checking Toyodiy but can't find a pic for you

Thanks Tony, I wil give that (gently) a try. This is a big help already, as I was planning to take alle the cover stuff on the inside of the door off to see if I could release it there..that would have been a lot of effort for nothing. Once I have it off I will report back how it went.

I did find, when i removed mine, that by accessing the inside by removing the door panel i was able to get the clips pushed though that saved them getting broken, could not access all of them but it did help alot

Tonyp is correct in saying that its held on with clips.
My lc5 is rusting in the same place as your picture shows so i stripped mine down and treated the rust and resprayed.
The only problem is it the metal rusting is so thin it comes back as yoy have to treat from both inside and out.
The other problem is it will never fit back correctly.
My solution was to drill 2 small holes either end and use the clips in the middle.
The rust is coming back but the trim is staying on.
I will take a picture and post on here.

Back