Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sure power, battery, separator

Natal

Country Flag
united_states
Hello to all Land Cruiser club friends.
Can anyone help? I need to install this sure power battery separator model, 1314–200.
see pictures below. This battery separator has a automatic feature. that joins the main battery to the auxiliary battery in case the main battery is flat.in order to activate this feature I need to connect a wire to start position of ignition switch that runs back to the battery separator start signal blade connection.
CF25D047-953A-49CD-85D4-6A028B89EC94.jpeg
77ED406E-8B88-4378-BDED-5C4386600227.jpeg

here’s my question does anybody know where I can find information regarding the color of the wire of the ignition switch start position I need and where would be the best place to make the connection. this is on the 2001, 100 series Toyota Land Cruiser.

Looking at the item and your description I don't get what you are doing ? as if you connect to the Ign feed
it will connect the two batterie's together all the time

Hi Steve, thanks for replying to my post. The shore power battery separator will connect the auxiliary battery and the main battery momentarily in parallel only when the ignition switch is in the start position. it’s used as an assurance. and a boost mode, when starting. using this mode, it does this automatically every time you start the vehicle, rather than putting in a separate momentary switch to activate the feature. this feature will be activated w8th as low as 3 V DC from the main battery. I’m doing this as a redundancy my auxiliary battery has no loads on it and will always have a full charge. all of my loads are tied into a 300 amp hour lithium ion battery bank that gets charged with a red arc manager 30. Hope this helps again thanks for replying brother.

Are I see what you are trying to do, I thought you meant the Ign position but I think the time the switching
is made, if your starter battery is basically flat the when you put the switch in the start position the all the current
from the "fully" charged battery and wont go to the starter (never tried it but that is my thoughts)

But the easiest place to pick up that connection will be on the starter its self

Steve, check out these wiring instructions. You will see this unit is made for that purpose. I would like to wire it
138A027B-19E7-47C1-BD22-5D9A932230F3.jpeg
in the automatic position.

Back