Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suspension Drop

44Mag

Country Flag
australia
Hi Guru's, As I will be investing in a 100 series within the next 2/3 months I am gathering info on suspension
and other items to help set the vehicle up for my wife and I. I have worked on standard Cruisers on mine sites before so have experiance with standard systems.
As my wife is very ill she does not have the strength to pull herself up into a wagon, this will not be used for hard 4x4 only some minor beach work (To get Wife closer to water to fish) and towing our 23ft van/bike hauler.

I will need to be dropping the wagon down on her suspension (I know not the standard).
How far below standard can we go before it becomes stupid or body mods are needed?
What Lockers are been used by people?

Cheers for any help offered.

44Mag

Have seen some pictures and videos of lowered 100s but only in Japan does the AHC not go down low enough for her to get in spose you could go for a lower profile tyre that could drop it a bit more but then the lower you go you could end up with a harsher ride remember seeing some electric drop down steps on some USA off roaders and camper vans maybe that would be more help but every suggestion has a negative impact effect think you may have to trawl the showrooms and forecourts to find the perfect vehicle for Mrs 44 if your willing to buy her a Landcruiser you know she will always come back

I don't know if this helps but I regularly have to transport my 88 year old mother to various places. She is rather infirm and walks slowly with two sticks. When I lower the suspension on the Cruiser to the 'low' setting she has no problem in getting in and out. In fact she says she prefers getting out of the Cruiser as opposed to many cars where she has to get up out of the car as opposed to having gravity on her side getting out of the Cruiser.

When my widowed Mum was unsteady on her feet the 70 series i had at the time was quite a struggle for her, being coils all round nothing i could do about the height, so i bought a sturdy but surprisingly light caravan step which provided the perfect step height and large enough so she could not miss her footing, most Cruisers already fitted with ample secure grab handles.

A standard 100 with ahc and side steps should be fine (that would be a Sahara for you?). At least my 86 yo ma can manage ok.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back