Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suspension help?

Jake the Peg

Country Flag
scotland
I’m trying to work out what suspension lift I have on my truck, it’s done at least 70k since the ironman kit was fitted, and now doesn’t sit so square, and is a bit soft..what I’d like if anyone can help with is the distance from the center of the hubs to the wheel arch/wing lower edge and what lift you have, 2”, 3”, 4” I like the look of what I have, and would like to try to match it

thanks in advance

John

To help with checking heights etc check the clearance between the bump stops and axle, also of note is that many suspensions systems use different height/strength springs across the axle to compensate for the fuel tank position, even typical road camber has been mentioned.

regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, I’m just looking for some general indications, to guide me in the direction of what I’ve got, I guess if mine was a 4” lift then by now its like to be somewhere around 3” by now but I have no idea of what the distance between anything whether std or lifted is

cheers
J

@Jake the Peg Therein lies the problem, someone give you a measurement of their 4" lift but it may have already dropped and inch, or a supposed 2" lift is in really a 3".

No need to move/jack the car, just lean under the front with a small plastic ruler and measure the gap between the axle and the rubber stop/follower.

Standard gap for the front is 1.54", and rear is 4.61" that is the European spec.

regards

Dave

Post some pics up . Didn't your truck once have a monster steel bumper on it ? a 2" heavy duty lift can look like a 4" lift depending on what tyres you use . If you found a serial number so you could replace suspension with the exact same it would change the stance anyway so history won't help .

Found it , boy searching for something on the forum is a p.i.t.a

1589828303839.png

Not sure what size tyres they are but not having a negative offset on the wheels visually exaggerates a lift .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gents once again you come through! Thanks!
@Dave 2000 that’s exactly what I needed, I need to find my piece of paper, but I’m sure it was 11cm at the back and 4cm front which isn’t much more than standard height now
@Shayne, they were 18” and are long gone now, it drove horrible and the tyres were oh so noisy! Yes, it had that crazy bumper, Thankfully it will never see the front of anything again
There is a picture of what should be the suspension In a fairly fresh condition and a more recent view

Cheers

6D755E8D-031D-4DFF-A127-410EC9AAD3C3.jpeg
F016BDA3-511C-4C5C-96D4-6473A2BD248D.jpeg

Pedders list the heights on their site but you have to click on each individual set to see it. I think its from the bottom of the 16" rim to the underside of the wheel arch flare. I had a sight panic after fitting mine as it sat nearly 3" up on a 2" ift but after about 3 weeks it settled in. phew.

Back