Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suspension springs lift kit

t1m4d

Country Flag
united_states
I have a 1999 Land Cruiser series 100. I plan on doing some suspension work, specifically replacing the springs.
I am thinking about lifting the suspension and am looking for advice/recommendations.
How much of a lift would be good without negatively affecting handling.
What brand springs would be best.
A lift kit?
Thanks

Hi to get the best advise it’s important you share the reasons you want to change from stock?

Last edited:
How much of a lift would be good without negatively affecting handling.
On the AHC-equipped '100' - if you set it to 'high' it will drop back to 'normal' when the speed exceeds 40 mph . . . . So I guess Toyota have done their research and wouldn't recommend a lift for highway driving.

As said - what are you intending to use it for ?

Bob.

Very generally anything under a 2 inch lift is pretty stable and keeps most angles within limits ....maybe a diff drop needed even at that on a 100
As others have asked ......intended use and load carried would help with further advice ie a "light load" 2 inch lift would sag back to near standard height if you plan on running a draw setup/fridge and front/ rear bars with a winch....

I have owned this Cruiser for a long time and it is completely stock. The springs are stock but worn out from driving the kids to soccer games. The CD player skips when I hit bumps. The truck will continue to be suburban driven with an occasional long trip, but no intense four wheeling. Recommendations on springs, size and brand, would be appreciated.

Back