Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swap Bench seats for Buckets

craigneryn

Country Flag
australia
I am looking at swapping the bench seats in my HZJ75 ute(pick up) for bucket seats with no or minimum conversion work. I have been told that Ford and Mazda buckets may fit with minimum work and that other Toyota seats like Rav4 or buckets out of another Toyota 4x4 may bolt straight in... Has anyone else tried this?? Any suggestions or recommendations would be very helpful... Thanks

My 75 has recaro seats from a mondeo s220.
afaik they are fitted on two flat steel bars. Very simple.
i'll try to take pics tomorrow.
I got some other mondeo seats which I wanted to put in the 80, but they didn't fit. They are the electric version and they are too high from the floor to the seat cushion. (30 cm which is 10 cm too high)
so if you see a nice seat at the breaker, measure the height from the seat cushion to the level where the chassis rails bolt into the floor. Do the same measurement in your cruiser and add an extra cm for the bars. If this is more than the breaker seats, then you can make them fit.
hope this helps, good luck.

original rails + flat bar as adapter
IMG_7104-1000.jpgIMG_7106-1000.jpgIMG_7109-1000.jpgIMG_7110-1000.jpgIMG_7111-1000.jpgIMG_7112-1000.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion and the pics. I have been offered 3 different sets of Ford buckets from 3 different models. I am going to try them this weekend and see how they go, if not I wll have to keep looking... Thanks again.

I think @clivehorridge has changed his drivers seat (passenger one pending :whistle:) for I think Mazda MX5 seats. They're probably the right sort of height too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back