Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swap my chrome grill?

Michael Crabtree

Country Flag
great_britain
My motor has the factory fitted chrome front grill, is anyone interested in it as a swap for a black one, just a thought before I paint it black.

A picture might help potential people as there are quite a few chrome variants out there. I should also note that the fixing locations may also be different depending on your headlight setup. Ask me how I know...

Ahhhh good point, I didnt think of that, I take it youve tried as well? I didnt put a pic up as I thought you may have to have a minimum amount of posts before you could add pics??

You could just spray it with PlastiDip. It lasts well, is quite hard wearing, and if you don't like it, just peel it off.

What area are you in the UK Michael? I have a black one hanging up in my garage, the Toyota logo is chromed. Is yours intact with all the lugs unbroken?

Last edited:
Im in huddersfield west Yorkshire, and as far as I can tell its all intact, just want a black grille instead of chrome

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yup, I had tried on a chrome import grill but the tab locations were slightly off on the headlight pieces.

Mine was pro painted and started to bubble soon after , it's all bent and broke now anyway , so i suggest if you do go down the painting route that you rub it down with sandpaper and wash it with acetone before using this stuff https://www.therange.co.uk/vehicle-...estoring/plasti-kote-super-primer-spray-paint and top coat of the same brand .

I remember laughing at a mate who did this to paint his scramble bike plastics but to my surprise it still looked good a year or more later .

Yeah ill make sure its well prepped before I paint it, I was just thinking of saving myself a job and also offering someone the chance to have a chrome drill if they wanted.....chrome bits really arnt my thing, but each to their own

Sprayed mine, then when it started chipping of did it again but etch primed it first lol

Back