Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SWB 60

Ben Stratford

Supporter
Country Flag
england
AA2F6D5D-BA22-4250-9362-39FAB4F0B9AF.jpeg
found this on instagram, was it an official version?

In a word, no. Photoshopped I guess.
I would think a SWB version would not be a good ride with leaf springs.

Thats what i thought Andy. But on a coil sprung chassis it would be stonking.
Wife wants one now!!

No different to a "Heavy" 70/73 - they run on leafs, only the "light" (R, L, K-engined ones) had coils - or an MK SWB Patrol in that respect.

Ed

lots of SWB 4x4s run on leafs, from suzuki SJs up to Nissan Patrols!!

lots of SWB 4x4s run on leafs, from suzuki SJs up to Nissan Patrols!!

I'm sure this should read " back in the 80's lots of SWB 4X4s run on leafs, from Suzuki SJ's up to Nissan Patrols??
My Troll was 23 years old and on coils. When the 60 was discontinued in 90 the 80 series was heralded as a vast improvement primarily due to its coil suspension.

I'm sure if Toyota had developed a SWB 60 series they wouldn't have got many takers if it had leaf springs as the competition had all moved on from them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm sure this should read " back in the 80's lots of SWB 4X4s run on leafs, from Suzuki SJ's up to Nissan Patrols??
My Troll was 23 years old and on coils. When the 60 was discontinued in 90 the 80 series was heralded as a vast improvement primarily due to its coil suspension.

I'm sure if Toyota had developed a SWB 60 series they wouldn't have got many takers if it had leaf springs as the competition had all moved on from them.
Lots still run on leafs, they just don't make them anymore ;) . The 60 was a product of the 80s though. I don't think they ever made one but it
Might have been considered as a design exercise as a competitor for the patrol SWB (which I think had more takers in the uk than the LWB) I quite like the look of it.

Lots still run on leafs, they just don't make them anymore ;) . The 60 was a product of the 80s though. I don't think they ever made one but it
Might have been considered as a design exercise as a competitor for the patrol SWB (which I think had more takers in the uk than the LWB) I quite like the look of it.

Heyup Andy,

I'd have said the 60 series was a product of the 70's and the 80 was a product of the 80's.

Definitely photoshopped, the B-pillar on the far side is about 3ft behind where it should be!

Unless they've gone for one massive door on one side :)

Owen

Definitely photoshopped, the B-pillar on the far side is about 3ft behind where it should be!

Owen
I think that pillar is the frame for the rear barn doors Owen. Anyhow agree must be photoshopped or a concept

Owen
Thats the frame for the barn doors. If it's photshopped its a blood good photoshop to get all the trim, stripes, steps etc lined up.
Could be a factory cut and shut concept, or even just a mock up

Hi I love that is one cool cruiser thanks for pics from Tony

Back