Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Switched 12v source

womble_

Country Flag
england
So i finally decided to install my reversing camera and screen. However I just couldn't decide how to power it. Most of my other accessories are run straight from the battery, but this is only low draw so it could tap into something else.
All i need it an ignition switched 12v source. Any suggestions?
The drivers foot well is awash with 26 years (well it will be next month) of mods !

I hate to post a new thread when this has probably been discussed before, i just can't find it...

On my 80, in the engine bay left hand side behind the battery, is a black connection box, with connections written on it (or something similar).

Inside you'll find permanent live, ign switched live, aux switched live terminals and earth.

They're fused and rated, safe and generally unused, mainly because nobody seeems to know it's there. Can't take a photo cos I'm at 10,000 m on a plane at the mo, but have a look.

Most people seem to over look this very handy little feature. I've got all sorts connected to it.

No not that I am aware of. They didn't have it on the Colorado. I think there's one on the Hundee though.

Now you can buy them. Every 80 scrapped has one so Karl will most certainly have them. They come on a plug which is about 6" long so if you can get one with the bit of loom as well, wiring it in should be simplicity itself.

thanks !
Do you mean this little guy? It looks like i already have a few things hooked up to it.

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's the puppy. Hmm yes someone has been in there already

That's the one, power outlet, that's the give-away :lol:

Where abouts are you putting the screen?

Ahh again I think that not all world 80's got this but they did in the UK. I thought 100's had one too but maybe only UK spec?

I haven't seen one on a 100 either in real life or in the manuals.

Uhm OK. Maybe it was in a 105. Sure I'd seen one, but if you say not then that's that.

Just to follow up on this.

Hooked it all up at lunchtime. All 3 outputs give power with the ignition off. very confused.
Here is the section from the manual.
poweroutletBox.PNG

Does that mean i have a short somewhere?

The screen is a rear view mirror clip over. I'll do a thread with some pictures everyone can see.

Did you try it with your existing connections removed? If not it might be worth trying just in case something odd is happening there. It looks like your box has the wrong fuses in, you appear to have all 20A when two of them should be 10A.

^ What he says - look for "new" wiring mods.

Certainly my power outlet works as factory intended - power, acc and ignition.

Back