Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tail light mods

Mike M

Country Flag
scotland
When my cruiser was imported the place getting it ready for IVA testing stole one of the reverse lights to turn into a fog light which i wasn't happy with but knew it was better than having a light dangling under the bumper.

So decided to have a look at the tail lights and noticed a couple of blank ports on each side. Anyways i got fed up looking for the same bulb holders online and ended up getting some in the breakers yard from a Corolla's front indicators.
Bit of wiring this afternoon to re-instate the drivers side reverse light and then wire in the bulb holder. Managed to cut out the hole in the back of the lamp to accept the Corolla type. Still to do the other side but much happier with the setup. Only one annoying thing is the Corolla holders are BAZ15 with the offset bayonet bulb lugs but not a huge issue.

Also stuck in some super bright LED bulbs into the reverse lights. You can barely look at them in the dark lol.

I still dont know why these cruiser have such large tail lights and not use them but its worked to my advantage. Maybe the older 70's didnt have the bumper tail lights.

received_175001603380725.jpeg received_1353823061417315.jpeg received_2137477589847748.jpeg received_269618350350608.jpeg

I put in replacement rear lights when I destroyed the original rear bumper in the Tunisian sand dunes.
The fog light is integrated in the bumper.
DSCN2638-1100.jpg

I put in replacement rear lights when I destroyed the original rear bumper in the Tunisian sand dunes.
The fog light is integrated in the bumper.
View attachment 150024

Cool, nice troopy.

Yeah those tail lights you have are interesting as they do stop ,turn and reverse. There must be models that dont have the bumper lights as standard.

Back