Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tank guard, paint protection..

rekab69

Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys,

Just spent a stupid amount of beer tokens on a new tank guard as not only has mine corroded away one of the tank straps snapped too.

So new guard & two new straps in hand..

They all look to be in a thin black primer, any suggestions on paint to protect them going forward.. and backwards too i guess..

Do I need to strip them back to bare metal before applying suggested products..?

Cheers,

db.

My original guard and straps started to look scruffy so got sandblasted and painted with 2 costs high build etch primer and 2 coats satin black single pack enamel.
Also dropped the tank drained it hot pressure washed and cleaned the filter pick up gauze.

Bare metal all then..? Ok. Thanks for the heads up re filter. I'll drop the tank, probably paint that too.

Yes forget to mention I blasted and painted the tank as well while it was out also wax oiled the whole area too including a light coat on the tank. Also put some electrical grease in the fuel gauge loom plug to repel any water.
Not very often to drop the tank (hopefully) so took advantage

Ain't nothing better than galvanized and zinga takes 2nd place

Ah.. I have some cold paint on galvanising left over from a job.. That's a plan. thanks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back