Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tare/GVM?

Andrew Prince

Hello guys,

Anyone able to share what their tare and GVM figures for their 80s are? I've been doing a bit of research and I see that the figures seem to vary a bit between models and markets and just random variations...
Also the older and newer 80s have different values, I guess related to upgraded brakes, changes to the drive train, different engines etc.

Cheers,

My 97 is 3060kg gvm. I think my green one was just under 3000 though.

Thanks, guys - keep em coming :thumbup:

For info, I have seen tare figures ranging from 1930kg to 2070kg.
GVM seems to range from around 2860 to 3060kg.

Thanks, Piers - it seems tare is literally the vehicle weight with no fluids, spare wheels etc. Toyota list the 80 at around 2000kg in most cases.
Unladen or kerb weight appears to be more realistic in terms of the vehicle being ready to drive, and often includes an assumed mass of driver. The kerb weights quoted seem to be more like 2200-2300kg from my digging. Not sure about that 2610kg number :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is the 100 Amazon.
Just as a reference

ps.
I see the image uploading is for landscape, which makes difficulty for loading up an A4 sheet, ie portrait

Gra

Attachments

• Land Cruiser Amazon specs - CopyA JPG (767 x 1085).jpg
    Land Cruiser Amazon specs - CopyA JPG (767 x 1085).jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 2,975
I can't remember if I made up 2610kg (as it has a sticker in japanese on the back sying 350kg) or whether it's on the vin plate. I may check later if stops raining.

(2610kg is the figure for a 4.2L diesel amazon auto according to the data Graham's just posted.)

[edit: added auto]

Yip, as Graham pointed out, those figures are for the 100 series, the overweight younger sister of the 80 :lol: I would expect the 80 to be a fair bit lighter.

I might as well post up the 120 series for posterity.
The 120 is about 400kg lighter than the 100
[attachment=0:1bpazry8]LC_spec red (1085 x 767).jpg[/attachment:1bpazry8]

Gra
any chance of uploading pdf files?

Attachments

• LC_spec red (1085 x 767).jpg
    LC_spec red (1085 x 767).jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 2,218
Jap imports generally dont have plated weights on them, the 350kg sticker is towball vertical loading from memory

Cptsideways said:
Jap imports generally dont have plated weights on them, the 350kg sticker is towball vertical loading from memory

I took it as being the max towing weight, on mine the towball was mounted directly to the bumper...ie. no bar fitted?
Soon changed that though, now has proper towbar fitted.

GVW for mine is 3060, however when I took mine to a weighbridge with a roof tent, tank of fuel and second spare with all my mods but otherwise empty it was 2750. Far to easy to get to 3060kg...

Back