Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Target selected: 120 series V6 4.0 L 250 horsepower, around 2005 MY...

George L

Country Flag
greece
Hello folks. After I got rid of my former Suzuki Vitara V6 2.0 L, I searched a lot for the 4X4 that is tailored to my needs.... and my wallet. The 120 series which is known as Prado outside Europe but over here we know it as Land Cruiser 120 series, is the one for me. I want the 7th seat auto, full options edition with air suspension for extra ground clearance. If I get the edition with air suspension, do I lose much wheel articulation?

Hi George and welcome to the forum.
move no idea on the articulation, someone may well know better but at a guess I would say that nothing would be lost.
A word of caution though…LOOK UNDERNEATH before you do anything else. 120s sadly are subject to serious rusting. I’ve personally seen one that looked like it had just come out of the showroom but looked like the underside of a pier underneath. If it’s been under sealed (unless it’s a one owner car and that owner can demonstrate the coating was done when or near new) walk away. Anything that looks like a new coating could well give trouble down the line with the exception of Krown.
There’s good ones to be had but they are rare beasts. Look at several before you buy. Good luck with the search and let’s have some pics when you find the right one.
Best wishes
Rich.

Thanks for that info. I did not know that 120s are prone to chassis rust

I am in Greece but spent 5 years in the UK. Cheers mate!

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I asked was that if you were looking where you are there will be no rust problems whatsoever.
When I go to Cyprus and see the condition of everything there I'm amazed.

Humidity is low in my area. Even my 1999 Citroen Xantia is rust free... down there, under the chassis.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Didn’t realise you were in Greece George, in that case you should have no issues with rust.

How about increasing ground clearance of a 120 with air suspension? A taller tire seems to be the only solution but since the front wheels turn, there is a limit to larger sizes, or else the tire will collide with parts of the car....once the wheel is fully turned. Any solutions?

Back