Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream fault codes

knicko

Country Flag
uk
Having had all my metal brake pipes replaced by an independent garage recently, I've had spongy brake problems and the lads at the garage said they were struggling with the bleeding process. I've just been over to Toyota dealer and shelled out £56 for them to bleed the vehicle and it's much better now. I've also just ordered a £30 Techstream kit off the bay and will look to get a second hand old 32 bit laptop (whatever that means!) in the hope I can get that to work for future needs.

Anyway, while Mt T had the car today, I asked them to tell me what fault codes were displayed, which happily they did for me. Their printer wasn't working but they let me take a photo of their diagnostic screen, displaying four error codes... as attached

LC fault codes 060122.jpg

I've tried googling the codes but don't get a clear explanation of exactly what these errors mean. Can anyone supply a link to a reliable list to translate these codes please?

A bit odd that the Tilt/Telescopic error code is there, as my steering wheel controls and the automatic movement as ignition key goes in/out all appear to work fine.

Thanks,

Nick

V8 or FTE? I’ll look them up.

BTW - for bleeding ABS, take it out to a dirt road, drive it like you stole it. Well do a few emergency brakes to activate the ABS, it’ll cycle the air out. Assuming you bled the rest correctly the is as good as teachstreaming it

V8 or FTE? I’ll look them up.

BTW - for bleeding ABS, take it out to a dirt road, drive it like you stole it. Well do a few emergency brakes to activate the ABS, it’ll cycle the air out. Assuming you bled the rest correctly the is as good as teachstreaming it

It's FTE, thanks for that.

I’ve got “air flow circuit malfunction” for 31 (nothing listed for 31(3)) and “intake air temp sensor circuit mafunction” for 24(1). Have no listing for 31. I even looked in the auto trans codes listings which start at 62 for 4sp and 38 for 5sp.

What year model is yours? PM me your email and I’ll send the fault findings a for the codes. 31 should trigger the CEL light, 24(1) only triggers it in test mode. I’d start by clearing them and seeing if they come back, but if the engine is running well i wouldn’t be overly concerned. I’d you want to read and clear engine codes you can do it with a very cheap OBD2 wifi scanner and free iPhone app

Back