Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TechStream software.....Can someone help !!

MetalDonkey

Country Flag
uk
Hello there,
I have been doing some research regarding this software , which in essence will save you a lot of money from the stealerships. I decided to purchase a version along with the OBD II to USB adaptor and all seem good until I decided to change my injectors , Can anyone in the know tell me which version of this software allows you to do the Pilot injection learning . I have tried Version 9.xxx Version 12.xxx and a recently purchased version 14.xxx to no avail. All of them allow you to input and read the compensation codes, thats it. My 1KD when cold, rattles like marbles in a tin .

My understanding is it's the ECU that's supposed to be able to learn, to an extent. Not Techstream.

What are the injector feedback values you see on your injectors when cold and up to temperature?

When cold , measurement taken within 30 seconds of starting.
The injectors are as follows:
Injector Feedback #4 -1.0
Injector Feedback #3 0.4
Injector Feedback #2 0.7
Injector Feedback #1 -0.7

Value when warm
Injector Feedback #4 -0.7
Injector Feedback #3 0.3
Injector Feedback #2 0.1
Injector Feedback #1 -1.5

I was under the impression that the Techstream software was able to perform the pilot injection learning, which is needed when you change your injectors. I guess this is not actually the case.. Bah humbug.

Those feedback values look good. Personally I wouldn't think about swapping out until values are more than +/-3.0.

Techstream will code new injectors into the ECU though, which is all you need to do if you change them. Might be a terminology thing, I'd call that programming (or teaching), learning for me would be the ECU adapting in-flight, as it were, you don't need to plug anything in for the ECU to do that.

They are all pretty rattly when cold. Rattling at 1500rpm is almost certainly your airbox, if that's when you hear it.

Many thanks for the replies and links....The rattle I am experiencing is very very loud , enough to make people turn around and look , It definitely quietens down once the engine is warm, I changed the injectors as the previous ones had high trim values between 1.8 and 2 even when warm.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1.8/2.0 doesn't sound a problem to me. Mine were at +/- 4.0, or worse! Did you check the valve gaps when you did them before?

Hello there,
I have been doing some research regarding this software , which in essence will save you a lot of money from the stealerships. I decided to purchase a version along with the OBD II to USB adaptor and all seem good until I decided to change my injectors , Can anyone in the know tell me which version of this software allows you to do the Pilot injection learning . I have tried Version 9.xxx Version 12.xxx and a recently purchased version 14.xxx to no avail. All of them allow you to input and read the compensation codes, thats it. My 1KD when cold, rattles like marbles in a tin .

Hi,
I have been trying to get my Techstream running but without success, version 13xxxx on W7 64bit, i know there are workarounds for 64bit and i have tried everything to get it running but it always says cannot read VIM!

Persistance, will get there in the end :violin:
Simon

Hi,
I have been trying to get my Techstream running but without success, version 13xxxx on W7 64bit, i know there are workarounds for 64bit and i have tried everything to get it running but it always says cannot read VIM!

Persistance, will get there in the end :violin:
Simon

More likely W7 won't read the cable, rather than Techstream being the issue. I did get this working on W7 64 bit but it was a few years ago, I know I had to load new drivers for the cable. Have recently got it all working on W10 64bit following a lot of advice from this site, which also covers W7. Does this help?

http://blog.obdii365.com/2017/12/03/toyota-techstream-12-30-017-download-and-install/

The bits I did for W10 are here : https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/techstream-on-windows-10.152388/

More likely W7 won't read the cable, rather than Techstream being the issue. I did get this working on W7 64 bit but it was a few years ago, I know I had to load new drivers for the cable. Have recently got it all working on W10 64bit following a lot of advice from this site, which also covers W7. Does this help?

http://blog.obdii365.com/2017/12/03/toyota-techstream-12-30-017-download-and-install/

The bits I did for W10 are here : https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/techstream-on-windows-10.152388/

Rob

Been working with that link and many others, got a few more bits to try but it might be back to W7 32bit or forwards to W10!!!!

Thanks
Simon

Does the MVCI Firmware Update tool work for you?It should on W7, doesn't on W10. That would prove the cable and firmware were working, and then we know if it's that or Techstream itself.

1.8/2.0 doesn't sound a problem to me. Mine were at +/- 4.0, or worse! Did you check the valve gaps when you did them before?

I should have checked the valve gaps, did not like the idea of having to measure the shims as I do not have a vernier gauge. My injector rattle ( Cold Knock) is still prominent when cold even though I have changed the injectors.

I re-purchased another X-Horse cable along with software compatible for Win 7. I think the problem is with the drivers to link the VIM within Techstream. I had exactly the same problem . Tried alot of the rubbish work-a-arounds on the Internet including altering keys in my computer registry. None Worked !! Tried my first VIM lead, Guess what it works !!

[QUOTE="MetalDonkey, post: 1514545, member: 15923"Tried my first VIM lead, Guess what it works !![/QUOTE]
Where did you get the VIM lead from please? (I tried a Google search but the results are very confusing!) TIA

Does the MVCI Firmware Update tool work for you?It should on W7, doesn't on W10. That would prove the cable and firmware were working, and then we know if it's that or Techstream itself.

So last night i managed to finally get it connected, checked the paths in the reg for XHorse and i had an error in one (typo) corrected and rebooted and it worked, as most have commented its a bit tempremental with connection.
On looking at a few posts online it suggests not updating firmware so i have left that, never used this software before so still discovering what it can/cannot do!

Simon

[QUOTE="MetalDonkey, post: 1514545, member: 15923"Tried my first VIM lead, Guess what it works !!
Where did you get the VIM lead from please? (I tried a Google search but the results are very confusing!) TIA[/QUOTE]

Got mine off AliExpress
Free shipping V13.00.022 MINI VCI FOR TOYOTA TIS Techstream MINIVCI With FT232RQ Chip J2534 Minivci OBD2 Diagnostic Cable

Came in just over a week so must have been air freight, disc and lead $11.07, cannot complain at that price and service

Simon

Where did you get the VIM lead from please? (I tried a Google search but the results are very confusing!) TIA

Got mine off AliExpress
Free shipping V13.00.022 MINI VCI FOR TOYOTA TIS Techstream MINIVCI With FT232RQ Chip J2534 Minivci OBD2 Diagnostic Cable

Came in just over a week so must have been air freight, disc and lead $11.07, cannot complain at that price and service

Simon

thank you!

Back