Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
Hi All

Having a few minor issues with my AHC and want to read my pressures. I have an ODBII reader but the info doesn't show on there.

I was thinking about buying a Mini VCI cable and the Techstream software, like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16pin-Mi...Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-V14/153432853168

Is this all I would need ( I have a laptop to run it on), I presume the software is license fee free and just requires registration?

That looks right.
OBD2 reader wont work because the hdj100 has M-obd, not obd-2. Except techStream via mini VCI, there are 1 or 2 readers which can do mOBD.

Would this be any use on a 1998 100 series? It's an Africa spec so it's all pretty basic.

I haven't heard of any hdj100 or uzj100 which TechStream doesn't do. Early hzj's in OZ I heard can be a problem. If the DLC3 is under the dash, you should be OK.

I haven't heard of any hdj100 or uzj100 which TechStream doesn't do. Early hzj's in OZ I heard can be a problem. If the DLC3 is under the dash, you should be OK.
Great I've just ordered.

Thanks uHu

Well that’s my weekend plans royally ruined.

Has anyone else ever bought techstream and managed to get it to work. 2 different kits from different suppliers and neither work. 2nd I got further but now 8hrs in and still won’t connect to VCI

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@uHu, cheers. All the instructions online have their slight differences. I will give this one a go. Your right, it’s just sorting the drivers out for the mVCI. Techstream opens just got to sort out the connectivity error. Only want it to check my AHC pressures, to see if I need to tweak my TBs or replace my rear springs.... at this rate I will end up buying a winXP laptop.

As usual I seem to be the exception to the rule... Can't find anywhere on my Cruiser to plug it in, any clues where to look?

As usual I seem to be the exception to the rule... Can't find anywhere on my Cruiser to plug it in, any clues where to look?

If it’s an auto right hand drive, get your head down in the driver footwell and look up uptowarsds the back of the peddle. There is a small plug fitted to the rhs of the support. I will take a picture for you

If it’s an auto right hand drive, get your head down in the driver footwell and look up uptowarsds the back of the peddle. There is a small plug fitted to the rhs of the support. I will take a picture for you
It is RHD but it's a manual. I'll get it out in the daylight tomorrow and have a proper look. Cheers

Well guys I'm totally confused, doesn't take much !! i would like Techstream for my 2001 4.2 auto 100 series 1HD-FTE my laptop is a an Apple Mac Book Pro it has no CD drive I'm assuming i buy the OBD 2 connector lead, download the software (where from ??) and then plug in and learn ? Can anyone give me an idiots instruction list as to where to buy the things i need etc ??

Well guys I'm totally confused, doesn't take much !! i would like Techstream for my 2001 4.2 auto 100 series 1HD-FTE my laptop is a an Apple Mac Book Pro it has no CD drive I'm assuming i buy the OBD 2 connector lead, download the software (where from ??) and then plug in and learn ? Can anyone give me an idiots instruction list as to where to buy the things i need etc ??
A standard odb2 connector won’t work. Look on eBay, loads of kits for about £20
. I had a nightmare with windows 10 but got it working, and advise on apple

I ended up getting a computer wizard to install techstream onto a laptop, but no way will it connect to the motor, tried two different leads, the most frustrating thing because i want to check the injectors and fuel settings on my 120, if it needs new injectors without TS i can't code them in anyway.

IMG_0498.jpeg

I ended up getting a computer wizard to install techstream onto a laptop, but no way will it connect to the motor, tried two different leads, the most frustrating thing because i want to check the injectors and fuel settings on my 120, if it needs new injectors without TS i can't code them in anyway.
Getting TechStream running is not the difficult bit. Where you need a wizard is for making the VCI driver work, and open up both out to the USB and in to TechStream.

Getting TechStream running is not the difficult bit. Where you need a wizard is for making the VCI driver work, and open up both out to the USB and in to TechStream.

Er getting Techstream to run might be easy for others, sadly with a computer i'm about as much use as a cow with a gun :) , i found logarithms complicated enough at school let alone all this digi stuff.

Might be worth running my vehicle and laptop over to the pc guru and see if he can make the thing connect.

Reactions: uHu
Er getting Techstream to run might be easy for others, sadly with a computer i'm about as much use as a cow with a gun :) , i found logarithms complicated enough at school let alone all this digi stuff.

Might be worth running my vehicle and laptop over to the pc guru and see if he can make the thing connect.

Hello folks,
Could anyone recommend the best place to download techstream from ?
I've been googling the last few days and it seems to be a bit of a minefield.
Some say it's free but then say I need a registration code ?

And should I buy a mini vci or vx nano ?

Cheers, Andy.

I've bought a few miniVCI from dx.com, and they all came with a minidisk with techscream and drivers on, with no need for any codes.

Back