Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Temperature gauge not moving

loco_ola

Country Flag
france
Hi All,

Back again, I've been loathed to try any big hills yet as the temp gauge is not working and I really can't risk any overheating.

So I've measured resistance of the sender, was about 1800Ω at the time and increasing as it was cooling.

Voltage across the connector wires is 5V.

Earthing either connection from the terminal does nothing to the gauge inside.

Joining the connections does nothing to the gauge inside.

Do these readings sound rightish?

Am I going to have to take the dash out? If so is that as big a pain as it sounds?

Thanks again.

Do you have copies of the factory service manuals?

If not send me your email address and I will email you PDF copies of them.

The electrical one goes into detail about how to test all the gauges and senders.

You wont need to remove the dash to get the instrument cluster out, if you look in the FSM that covers the body, it explains exactly how to remove the instrument cluster from the dash. :thumbup:

So I got the instrument cluster out, it was a right pain on this LHD version, there is a bar in the way where it suggests you put your hand. Managed to get it eventually, not sure how it will go back together :)

The back of the panel doesn't match the diagram, if I measure resistance across what I think are the A-B terminals it's 75 ohm instead of what the service manual suggests 25.

upload_2017-12-23_15-21-9.png

Here's mine.

upload_2017-12-23_15-21-27.png

I've just noticed that you can get loads more room by freeing the speedo cable in the engine bay. So putting it back together isn't so bad.

Anyone got any other diagrams? I found this one too.

I've just sent you the 1KZ-T FSM to go with the others I sent, hopefully that will also be of use. ;)

Found the problem, managed to trace it back to a crappy wire. Now to put everything back together and then test! Happy Christmas everyone!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anyone please send me a PDF copy of factory service manual for Land Cruiser 2004 model.
Thank you

I think you will need to be a little more specific than that Jashim and post up in the appropriate section. Once done I expect someone may help, especially if you go and introduce yourself, say Hi, that sort of thing.

Back