Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Terrain Roof Top Tent. Howling Moon copy

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Just gauging interest in my old roof tent. It’s a Terrain, modelled on the Howling Moon. Only fallen out of it once. Sleeps two with ease and you can close it with bedding in on a trip.

I truly like this design of tent with the porch protecting the entrance. It gives privacy and shelter. It also acts as a shade overt the tailgate on an 80 when cooking. No, the ladder doesn’t get in the way. You can actually put the ladder up when no one’s in it and have even more room. Incidentally the ladder is very strong.

I’ve had it a few years and yes it would benefit from a small on a non vital bit but nothing is actually torn or ripped. The cover (which can be replaced) has a few scrapes too. I’m being honest here.

I am not offering this as some super dooper high-end luxury roof tent but it’s done me well. There are people out there on a really tight budget and would like a HM, Eezi or Hannibal but just can’t afford one. A new Eezi comes in at £2200!
This isn’t rubbish, it’s a good tent and if you were going to give over landing a try it would considerably reduce your budget as a beginner.

This comes with guys and pegs And of course the brackets to bolt it in place.
I also have the downstairs tent bit. I have only used that twice and found it really useful.

I kinda thought it was pointless and left it in the bag all this time then I stuck it on a while back and thought, hmm, this is pretty good. I used it in the pouring rain and the good thing is that it stops the area at the tailgate becoming mush where you walk up and down making your tea..There is a complete mudwall groundsheet that zips in. I have never had that out of the bag. It looks like you could make a paddling pool out of it! It's pretty thick.

I’m not desperate to sell it, I guess I could put it on a trailer maybe. It can sit there for the time being, but if there is someone genuinely interested then let me know and we can talk. I’m not putting a price on it at the second; that would be between me and anyone who’s really interested. It was only a grand brand new so I am certainly not looking to try and get my money back for it. But I’d also be pretty p’ssd to sell it only to see it pop up on ebay a week later for more if you follow me.

Yes there are a few watermarks in the canopy but the mattress is clean. I have James Baroud hard-shell tent now but, if the pram type ones were faster to put away then I’d be sticking with one of these quite possibly. Putting it up is very quick indeed. Ok not three clips and whoosh! But it’s not a great deal more when you are practiced at it. On a trailer, frankly I’d stick with this. Genuinely. Putting it up and down is only slowed by the fact that it’s 7’ up in the air. Put it on a trailer and it’s very quick indeed. Clearly the bottom tent section wouldn’t work at that height.

So if this is something that would be of interest to you then please get in touch. If I were going to build an adventure trailer I’d keep it. But truth is if I go for one of those, it will be fully built, done and ready to roll.

I do have an African Outback rook rack on which this mounts too. Now I am not looking to sell that either really, but you know how it goes; everything is for sale. Certainly will NOT be selling the rack on its own before anyone asks. It's a very good rack. I've only ever had this set up on an 80 due to it being an 80 series rack, but the tent would fit any other rack.

This is what it looked like when I got it. It looks the same but older and slightly used. Use your imagination. I do also have the side awning, but again not really looking to sell that, but as part of a package ......

Yes I know, it was a cracking looking Cruiser.

IMGP4113.JPGphoto2.jpgP1013591.JPGP1013589.JPGP1013584.JPGInside.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

Chris,

I might be interested in the tent. Just need to check with the Mrs. Will send you a pm.
Thanks Dylan.

Sure Dylan. No problem, it's not going anywhere.

Hi Guys, thank you all for your interest in this. I have replied to you all. Just to be clear, I shall treat any offers in the strict order that you expressed interest. Dylan has first refusal at the second. Whilst not always the easiest thing in the world to do, we can open it out for you to look at if you came bearing cash. We could certainly fit it I'm sure. Even if we needed a mod or too in relation to your roof rack or whatever. It's just simple u clamp type mountings. Nothing clever.

More interest coming in. You all must be planning a holiday!

I hate being disappointed when I buy something and this really makes me anxious when I sell something like this. I like people to be happy and not feel they've been done over. Just to reiterate that this tent is not brand spanking new. It's no wreck and I'd use it tomorrow no problem at all. I have enjoyed it. But the pictures of it are when it had just come out of the box. In its life it's been used maybe 20 to 25 nights? Hard to say. I did not take it off for any other reason than I wanted a hard shell tent to go to Africa with. The big question is, would my wife sleep in it. I've asked her and her response was yes, why ever not? And she's pretty fussy.

If it's nice this weekend, I shall see if I can set it up in the unit. Appreciate that Dylan has first dibs but I just want to make sure that anyone interested is happy with it. Then it's a case of just going down the list of names until someone says yes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Provisionally SOLD.

Thanks guys.

Off topic......

Was looking at the barouds today at devon 4x4, very nice indeed.

Yes, they're nice and I'm very pleased with mine but there are some things that a child could have designed better you knw? So I have fed all of that back. The new Evo with the full mesh sides is very fancy.

Great to meet you today. Hope your trip back went OK. Your BLUE 80 looked seriously good. Very envious. Tent looked good up top. You can mess about with that at your leisure once you have time. Good luck in your travels.

C

Back