Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

tesla style screen

Philip amos

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
just ordered a tesla style screen for my landcruiser , i wonder what trials and tribulations im in for

Just watch that you don't randomly burst into flames and/or drive into the side of a white 18 wheeler, mistaking it for the sky ;-)

just ordered a tesla style screen for my landcruiser , i wonder what trials and tribulations im in for
Ok, what does it do and what do you hope it will add to your cruiser?

Link for the order?

Like starcruiser asked - what's the plan? Mounting options?

well its got google maps ,wifi,will update the dash and im hoping for better sound system ie blootooth and of course spotify.
symashop italy is where i purchased

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You can but they want bank transfer symashop uses PayPal so you’ve got protection
As far as mounting it replace the satnav screen and radio on the facia. It should arrive next week but then I’m away for 2 weeks , so I won’t have anything to report until then , I’m expecting a heap of trouble with wiring.please bear in mind my cruiser is 2003 facelift and there is a version for earlier model which I assume will be easier to fit.

That looks very nice and a neat conversion. I hope it’s plug ‘n’ play as it’s sold for the vehicle. I’ve noticed a few posts wanting to upgrade this area. This looks like a very neat way to do it if all goes well.

I shall be watching this with interest. :thumbup:

I’m not sure plug and play but I live in hope that’s why I bought in Europe

well ive fitted the tesla screen it works well and sounds a lot better if anyone wants more info contact me .

Does it incorporate all the functions of the Cruiser screen and a lot more? a pic or two would be appreciated.

Does it incorporate all the functions of the Cruiser screen and a lot more? a pic or two would be appreciated.

E6802C33-1DF9-4957-815A-4F334FB9BC88.jpeg 3EC2BF0A-E123-4AAF-B863-019F4D5BA709.jpeg

Was it straightforward to fit Phillip? It looks like a cracking upgrade. Any photos of it during install?

Was it straightforward to fit Phillip? It looks like a cracking upgrade. Any photos of it during install?
no as they would be meaningless . if you are not far away you can have a look ,otherewise i can take you through it

Thanks for the offer but it was more for the benefit of others that may be interested in the upgrade. It would just be nice to know how it went, anything to look out for, if it was plug ‘n’ play, what the screens look like, that sort of thing, mainly to help other members if they think they might like to go a similar route.

Phillip

Can you let us know where you purchased from and how much?

Just saw a FB advert for a 120 that had the "tesla" screen conversion done - looked very nice and almost OEM.

Thanks for the offer but it was more for the benefit of others that may be interested in the upgrade. It would just be nice to know how it went, anything to look out for, if it was plug ‘n’ play, what the screens look like, that sort of thing, mainly to help other members if they think they might like to go a similar route.
my conversion was virtually plug and play and im still learning. Aircon works fine as do all the other things ,the only fault i could find is the front and rear fader doesnt work (this doesnt worry me) and on start up its about 22 seconds (just like turning on a phone).ive added tv and it works great and the sound quality is superb.
so to cut to the chase mine was plug and play ,there are alot that arent so beware.I purchased mine from symacshop, ithink it said italy but i suspect a front for a chinese company but having said that theyve been ok to deal with and they take paypal,you can also find them on ebay and they take paypal which is a god send for protection.when you look remember lexus 470 same car.

my conversion was virtually plug and play and im still learning. Aircon works fine as do all the other things ,the only fault i could find is the front and rear fader doesnt work (this doesnt worry me) and on start up its about 22 seconds (just like turning on a phone).ive added tv and it works great and the sound quality is superb.
so to cut to the chase mine was plug and play ,there are alot that arent so beware.I purchased mine from symacshop, ithink it said italy but i suspect a front for a chinese company but having said that theyve been ok to deal with and they take paypal,you can also find them on ebay and they take paypal which is a god send for protection.when you look remember lexus 470 same car.
sorry cost around £575 ,you can buy cheaper but !!!

Back