Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thailand Elephants

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Well, who was it mentioned ' Is Graham having too much fun in China' ?

Well, vacation time arrived again, and we took a spin to Thiland, Phuket.

I don't know ho many folk feel about the elies' there, but any way, we took a 1 hour trek.

My god, them animals are very very big.

STP80319.jpg

STP80326.jpg

STP80329.jpg

STP80346.jpg

In this last one, she was putting her arm around the elies trunk, and the old elie, decided to have some fun, and put her hand in his mouth,
I think she nearly wet her self !

Great pics. Bet that could go some places a cruiser would get stuck too!

Graham, great to see you found your way here. I've spent some time in Phuket myself but only really as a stopping point before carrying on to Phi phi, and the only forms of transport I hired while there were tuk-tuks and a Yamaha Waverunner, never seen any elephants :( but plan to go to Chang Mai next time and ride them there :D

Hi Jimbo,
Thailand is an OK place, I quite liked it, but there are other places still to go to.
I found the general activities, and particular the water sport activities more expensive than I was expecting.
Even after hard dealing, the prices were still excessive in my opinion.
Food is well priced, as is the hotels.
The main bug bear, I would say, is the 1 hour plus transfer from the airport to the Patong or Kata hotels.
We were in the Ibis Hotel in Kata, the hotel was nice and clean, but then again, the hotel pool was closed every night at 7:00 pm.
I thought this a bit dissapointing, as it is great to have the evening dip, to cool off.
They said it was 12 hours needed fro the chlorine cleaning, but I think this was an excuse.
Rather to stop ang one who has had a few to many drinks from diving in, at late at night, and hitting the bottom.

STP80222.jpg

STP80221.jpg

STP80155.jpg

STP80223.jpg

STP80231.jpg

Graham

Back