Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thanks to the Lincomb organisers

Scott

A big thanks to Tony & Becky for hosting and organising the weekend, it was great fun! Also thanks to the others who helped organise the event, I know alot of effort went into it, so a big pat on the back for all those involved!

Steph & I really enjoyed meeting you guys and putting some faces to the names. I know i didn't manage to chat to everybody but those i did chat to were very nice friendly people, so i look forward to catching up again in the future.

I don't think i've ever seen so many 80's in one place before! It was the first time i've really give the 80 a bit of a work out, and the woods were perfect for getting to see what it can do, and in its current spec i'm really surprised at how capable it is. I was a happy boy on Saturday evening after what it had acheived.

The hog roast and salad went down a treat on Saturday evening, it was gorgeous, and group meals do help people to mingle aswell, so well done those involve.

The only problem I had over the weekend was the traffic to and from Lincomb, 4.5hrs there, almost 6hrs back, it should only take 3!! Unfotunately i had to leave mid afternoon on Sunday to get back for work tonight, I tried to say bye and thanks to everyone, but to those i missed, cheers and hope to catch you at the next event.

Right, back to work with a bit of luck i'll get to bed before 8!

Scott.

Yep, another really enjoyable weekend. And damage free for me too (if you don't count rolling the quad four times!) Thanks to Tony and Becky's generosity and great weather it was fantastic. A really good mix of people too although sorry to see that not everyone made it. I will say it before anyone else does - we have to do something for the next one (possibly October!) to ensure that Lincomb Farm does not end up subsidising the event - again. Maybe deposits are the way to go. Ordering food and then changing your mind doesn't help.

We don't order the hog roast 10 mins before we sit down to eat. There was a good deal left, even after the midnight feasting. A half pig would have saved £100 on the deal. There are options on what you can do over the weekend and there will always be last minute changes, but what will end up happening is that we'll end up putting up prices to make sure it is viable, which simply means that those who come and pay, reliably, will be paying for those who aren't and don't. We thought that we had been pretty clear on the pricing structure - the £20 was for camping - not for the off roading for example. OK soap box back in the cupboard.

Can't wait to get some proper tyres on there. Even with the great capabilities of the 80, it was hampered by those rubbish tyres. And with the blueprints now for Wildsmith sliders I have loads to keep me busy. Thanks to everyone for letting me photograph their bumpers too. The MIG is on standby. You have been warned!

Chris

Yes, Paulie and I had a great time, once again my 80 amazes me at how easy it makes things look. Bouncing around in the 40 was a little more challenging mostly on my back! I thought the Hog roast had all gone, but I was rather pissed when I last looked in the pig cooker. I thought we had made it back with no breakages, until I went to reverse the trailer into the shed and realised that one if the wheel bearings had collapsed giving the wheel a good two to three inches of play in any direction! thank god it made back to the farm and in some ways I am glad I was oblivious to it on the motorway as I would have had to have stopped if I had noticed it earlier. Hopefully not caused to much damage inside the Hub.

Modifications after this weekend will be.. A lift kit front and rear bumpers and some sliders and I too think I shall make my own sliders up.. how hard can it be :)
Cheers to the organisers, look forward to it again.

Jonnie

My thanks also, great weekend and only minor damage to the side steps(need rock sliders now) and then tested Paul H's new rear bumper on the way out of the site, it won (need winch bumper even sooner!) :oops:
Very impressed with the 80's performance :D

Just to add my thanks to this thread.

Unfortunately I could only stay for the day on Saturday, but I had a really great time. Enjoyed the trip around Long Mynd, and had a thorough blast around the woods in the afternoon. I must have had about 4-5 goes at Rubie hill, and I am sure that's where I broke my drive shaft, but hey ho, that's how it goes. As someone mentioned if you can't afford to fix it, then you should not come and play.

Oh yes, it would be remis of me to not mention the fact that a little blue 90 rescued a couple of stuck 80's :twisted:

So thanks to all for a great day... the hog was great too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend too and a special thanks to Tony and Becky for bending over backwards to accommodate us and trying to make the weekend as much fun for all of us as possible.

Generally the spirit amongst the group was great and from what I saw, everyone had a great time! Fortunately the breakages were fairely few and fairly minor, although seeing Chris rampaging through the undergrowth with his quad chasing him like a wounded bull buffalo did cause some anxious moments! Hopefully no lasting damage done to man and machine beyond some cosmetics!

Happy to say that my return trip took only half as long as the journey up! What a nice feeling to be cruising home along the motorway at 70-71ish( :twisted: ) hours after thundering up bouncy muddy hills with no issues!
I trust that everyone got home safely late evening.

I guess we should start looking at dates for the autumn now so that we can confirm dates and work on the organization of it :idea:

Cheers,

Andrew Prince said:
...seeing Chris rampaging through the undergrowth with his quad chasing him like a wounded bull buffalo did cause some anxious moments...

Please tell me there are photos / video of this :lol: :lol:

Looks like we missed a good day out :cry:

Nope. Sorry :p

I came unstuck at the top of Rubie Hill. I wanted to go left, but got tracked over to the right over a tree root right at the top. The front came up and I managed to hold it for so long, but being a big lad, gravity was always going to take over. I just about got it steadied when it went over center. I pushed off right and the quad went over left. It rolled once and stood on it's wheels. I made a dash for it and just to taunt me it decided to get down the hill without me. Another three somersaults later and it landed back on it's wheels still running. Bent a light bracket, brake lever, gun rack and snapped off yet another aerial. Seems fine but maybe it's time for a little TLC over the Summer. Mini Blue is looking at battered as Lil Blue. Just as well my 80 is white, eh?

Chris

Big thanks to the organisers - the weekend was awesome and we leant SO MUCH from you all
It was great to meet so many of the aliases face to face and look forward to the next event.. We'll be there, better prepared as well (I still have bruises from sleeping on the ground but I'm going with "it showed commitment" rather than lack of planning!)

Special thanks to the Yorkshire gentleman (I forgot names apologies!) and Ian for spotting the fact that my 140 odd litre fuel tank was about to fall off. I lost one of the 2 straps in the woods.. Then for donating ratchet straps and doing a superb job of strapping it up so that the metal shard wasn't scraping against the prop shaft and that the tank was hoisted up. I'll post some pics fyi in the next couple days - the tank is a monster that came with the truck!

Brilliant weekend so thanks to all for making it
Matt :D :D :D

Thank you all to for coming along, good to catch up with familiar faces and to meet all the new ones.
Cant believe there is a bit of fire wood left, next time bigger,gotta all go,saves me moving it!! :o
Will sort out a date, is october too late,as fairly full on until then?
Really like the new tracks, the wood now gets better and better. Cheers Ian and Paul.

Many thanks again,

Tony and Becky.

PS,
Didnt get a telling off for taking the 150 around!! :D

TonyS said:
Will sort out a date, is october too late,as fairly full on until then?
Really like the new tracks, the wood now gets better and better. Cheers Ian and Paul.Many thanks again,
Tony and Becky.
Any time after I get back from Croatia in August and I'll be there :cool:
Chas

Yorkshire :) apologies!!!

Please could you PM me, I'd really like to say thanks for your help and the ratchet strap. You really saved my bacon :)

TonyS said:
Didn't get a telling off for taking the 150 around!! :D

Gotta say the 150 did impress - standard road-going trim, and off it went all over the woods, and successfully over the axle-twister too!

We spent 3.5 hours just sitting on the M6 going absolutely nowhere yesterday afternoon for apparently no reason we could see - suddenly we were all off again straight back to 70 like there had not been an issue!! Anyway, what with a detour to Ayr on the way back, I only go to be at about 03:00 this morning, so the pics will have to wait - probably be tomorrow before I can get them from RAW to JPG and posted up - lots of the 150 I think - should be one or two good (ish) ones there ...

Thanks Toby for the winching, and Paul for the winch lesson in the woods on the log bridge - that was fun!

Once again, many thanks - we had a relaxing time!

Gary 'n Angela

I would like to thank everyone involved in organising the event for putting on a great event. All four of us enjoyed ourselves despite the breakdown. Many thanks for those on my Strata trip for being patient and understanding as it was my first time leading a group green laning, Lawrence had a really tough time navigating with no GPS USB dongle, but I have learnt quite a lot and will be much better at it next time. Also thank you for everyone that offered to help out when I blew my CV, we all got home in the end.

My first visit to Lincomb and had a great weekend,good fun to see all the cruisers and to get to put some names too faces,
big thanks to Tony and all involved in the arranging.
cant wait for the next one.
Gary

Lincomb ate my hubcap

Also my first visit to Lincomb. Great Venue, thanks to Tony etc for all the organisation effort.

Was great to meet up with people and see all the cruisers and mods in the flesh so to speak.

Just been washing/chipping the Lincomb clay off the truck and noticed I'm short I hubcap. Not bad for an 820 mile trip.

Cheers

Back