Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

That's gotta be a 45-degree side-slope...?

diggerdave

Well, it felt like it anyway. somehow the photos never tell the full story. I was grinning like a loon :icon-biggrin:

DSCF9684b.jpg

:clap: you are a loon :lol:

Must admit i would have weighed up the likelihood of damage to the arches and decided it was my civil duty to make the track a bit wider .

You do seem to have a bit of space on your right there Dave, two wheels on the grass and all that :lol:.

Is that a big scar I see all the way down your truck in your avatar? :think:

Good fun though, looks like a good run out. :clap:

Haha - honestly there was no space next to the washout. I'm sure there would have been tyre tracks on the grass if it was avoidable. Despite what it looks like my bodywork wasn't touching the bank downslope although it was good to know it was there. I don't actually think I was even close to tip-over, but it doesn't feel like that when you're perched in the driver's seat. That was Northumberland on easter bank holiday Sunday - empty roads, empty lanes, half-empty friendly pubs and a beautiful part of the world (apart from the rain)

That does look well over did you lose fuel out of the cap ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Makes me wonder how far i must have been over to spill fuel but then i guess you eased into that position when i was bouncing all over the place and no doubt causing a storm in the tank .

You would not believe how gently (cowardly) I was easing myself along at that point. The bottom of the washout wasn't even flat: it had rocky mini-drop-offs along it.

Did you lose a load of diesel in a similar position then? I guess i had about half a tank at that point

Yeah i didn't lose loads but with the truck being almost white with dust it was easy to notice a 6 inch wide wet stripe from filler cap to wheel arch . Chas made a vid of me and Clive being silly buggers that day we got lost down the river and i'm sure it got posted but i can't find it .

Yeah i didn't lose loads but with the truck being almost white with dust it was easy to notice a 6 inch wide wet stripe from filler cap to wheel arch . Chas made a vid of me and Clive being silly buggers that day we got lost down the river and i'm sure it got posted but i can't find it .

It should be in this thread Shayne, somewhere.... but I couldn't find it on a quick look, sure it's there somewhere though...

I went backwards to when Ratrace arrived at yours and didn't find it Clive before asking Dave if he spilled fuel , maybe it is there and i just missed it but you have just reminded me of a suggestion i was going to put to Crispin .

Last edited:
I did this when had the Isuzu, not sure what the angle was but Managed to reshape a few panels along the banking lol.

Wouldn't do it in the 80!

FB_IMG_1492897915029.jpg

I love how you can see a triangle of daylight under the tyre

I miss my Isuzu Trooper a bit (it had character), but the Toyota is by far a better car

That old girl definitely had character!!
Was a great motor but wouldn't swap the 80 for one that's for sure

diggerdave .... sorry to resurrect an old thread but in the excellent photo of you balancing in a washout above, the pic of your rear shows the lights in the rear bumper are protected by three bars similar to LR light protection. Are these a standard extra or a one off please?

Sorry I did not PM you for this but I have just joined and am currently not authorised :-(

Thanks,
Geoff

diggerdave .... sorry to resurrect an old thread but in the excellent photo of you balancing in a washout above, the pic of your rear shows the lights in the rear bumper are protected by three bars similar to LR light protection. Are these a standard extra or a one off please?

Sorry I did not PM you for this but I have just joined and am currently not authorised :-(

Thanks,
Geoff
Hi geoff,
they are original toyota light guards for both the upper and lower rear lights. i have only ever seen them for sale once in about five years second hand on ebay, and i bought them! I seriously doubt you'd find any. they were only sold by main dealers as an extra when the car was new.

Back