Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Cruiser King

Mr.Smiles

Country Flag
uk
Hello Gents!!

I'm obviously new here, I was lead to this forum after looking at Landcruiser adverts on ebay by the Cruiser King/Valley 4x4/Prestige Cars in Mirfield, while obsessing and looking for the perfect 100 series that will suit my budget. The cars looked good on their advert, but the reviews left me wondering whether a 4 hour journey would be worth it.. I found that the cruiser king is quite famous here.. it was a pleasure reading the thread "Really" .. I am basically looking to spend no more than 12K on a 100 series with reasonable milage and condition. Any assistance in finding the right one would be appreciated.
Can someone help me check a Vehicle at Valley 4x4??

Welcome Mr.Smiles.
As you have read all the posts on that thread, you should have got a 'feel' for the "King".
There is also a post in there of what happened when a forum member did go to look at a cruiser there.
I was looking on the website the other week, (as you do) and he was singing the virtues of an lc that had an lpg conversion, and on another lc saying that it hadn't been converted and it was all the better for it ???
Never had any dealings with him, but from what I can gather, take what he says with a pinch of s**t and check out yourself if inclined.

Fully undersealed every year ≠ None of that horrible yucky stuff ever applied.

Magic carpet ride ≠ Rubbish AHC ripped out.

200000 miles so barely run in for one of these beasts ≠ 200000 miles so take it or leave it and never come back.

Jacob, - I'll take it, will be round later with the readies !!

I was wondering if Mr.Smiles was having a laff on the "King's" behalf, as he's read all the threads and reviews ?

I was hoping to get in touch with someone who is possibly local and happy to check an LC for me, or I'd go along and we check it thoroughly together, for a fee of course, bypassing all the BS he will tell me and just look at the facts, if it's good I'd get it straight away, if not I'd just walk away not feeling like I missed out on something good, I just want to make sure the LC isnt a lemon, do an assessment of how much it would take to fix it and take it from there..

Where are you based Mr Smiles? You say it would be a 4hr drive,.... Maybe look closer to home... Any 100 series now is going to need a good Looking over Even at 12Grand.... Maybe look for members who are selling... Depends on what you want it for, School run/Shopping/ Going across Africa etc etc...... A while back there were a couple of members selling their 100's.... Put the shout out again

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Higgy,
Thank you for your response! I suppose I should create a new thread for anyone selling a 100 series. I am based in Medway, Kent. It's a 4h journey to Mirfield and another 4h back.. it means my whole day would be spent on the road if I go there.. I was tempted because of the ones I saw advertised, he has got many, however it's too risky dealing with someone who cares only about profit.
I just want one because I'm an enthusiast, it's a symbol of reliability where I originally come from and thought I'd buy one, try to preserve it at it's best condition, use it lightly, for weekend outings, possibly once every other year a trip to Europe. I will follow your advice and do what you suggested.

Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4.2 Manual | eBay - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] This is the only one i could find thats in Budget and not a million Miles away from you, Looks Tidy, But Lord knows what its like underneath..... Im not an expert on the 100 series So cant comment... Someone will advise on what to look for Apart from the Obvious Rust!!!!!. and its a manual,.. Looks like the air suspension has been removed and normal shocks and Springs Fitted... Cant be a bad thing.. Its a GX so dont expect all the Whistles and Bells..... Thinking about it it probably never had the AHC suspension to begin with.... A bigger brain than mine will advise

Again many thanks!! Let me create another thread and we'll check the options then.. i personally wanted an automatic and prefer a 2003+ .. not sure if I'm asking for too much... let's see what comes up..

For what you are looking for, a 120 maybe an easier find and a good fit

Some here could come with you but they may need to be heavily disguised.
giphy.gif

Back