Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Electric revolution gathers pace.........

Bang on.
Over population is the hot potato that no one is willing to grab hold of.
The human race would rather side step the real issue, arrogantly harping on about how intelligent and humane we are as a species. Safe in the knowledge that we are all doing our very best to save the planet and protect endangered species from becoming extinct....
Rest assured though. We won't destroy the planet. Only our own habitat, though in the process, destroying the habitat of the rest of the creatures we share this planet with..

Back to the OP - TT Zero here continues to be a bit of a joke, due to the range of the bikes (and they're bloody boring). Looking more widely, clearly current battery technology is no better a solution than the internal combustion engine - its just a different set of environmental issues.

Battery power is just a stop gap measure IMO. Not only is battery tech decades away from being a practical IC engine replacement, their production and recycle/disposal brings with it a whole set of resource and enviromental issues. Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are the real answer, the most obvious obstacle being cost of both refuelling infrastucture and the production of ‘green’ hydrogen by water electrolysis instead of producing it from natural gas which, apparently, currently accounts for most hydrogen production.

There's a certain fashion to the word "electric". People are probo blinded and there may be other forms of energy available. Just needs a publicity man to think about things. The manufacturers are not interested in pollution, they are just told what is legal or not then go for as much profit as possible.

I wonder if horse owners were in floods of tears when the ICE was the inevitable way forward?

It could be in 30 years time nobody remembers the ICE and won't appreciate the thrill and interest it brought to millions of petrol/diesel heads.

I don't question that the planet is suffering i just don't give a damn when the solutions put forth are profiteering and political points scoring .

If its about the planet then why pray tell aren't they working to make owning a car an unnecesary luxury for the enthusiast when the enviromentally negative effects of car production likely far exceed those caused by driving .

Just watching the Goodwood hillclimb on TV - yup, a VW electric vehicle won the event. But my lord, the noise from the V8s and V10s... put the whole global warming debate to one side for a mo... give me a fire breathing V8 over a silent and antiseptic leccy motor any day (even if its a wee bit slower)... Just my 2p...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just watching the Goodwood hillclimb on TV - yup, a VW electric vehicle won the event. But my lord, the noise from the V8s and V10s... put the whole global warming debate to one side for a mo... give me a fire breathing V8 over a silent and antiseptic leccy motor any day (even if its a wee bit slower)... Just my 2p...
I missed it but I heard they had the Lexus LFA there. I wonder if it’s on youtoob?

Edit
Just found it, sound pickup is pathetic of course but this normally sounds great being a V10.

Back