Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Garage

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Hi guys

As part of 'chez nous', do you think the addition of a section for our cars pics in the lounge would be worthwhile??

I know on the other side, it was called Readers Drives but I have seen it called Driveway or simply The Garage on other sites - could be kinda fun?

What do you think Admin?

Cheers

Doesn't that currently fall under the overland and offroad build section? I did think about it some time ago and dismissed it on that basis. Admins let us know what your thought are

My missus spends a lot of time on the Dobermann Rehoming Association forum and they have a photo album that they stick photos in rather than a bunch of threads.
Looks good as it is just photos with a little piece underneath telling name of pooch with who posted by and when.
Click on a photo and you get it full screen.

Just a thought :idea:

One of the most viewed threads on my site is titled "Show us the inside of your garage then"........ closely followed by "Show us your wife" and "Show us your daughter" ;)

Rob said:
Doesn't that currently fall under the overland and offroad build section? I did think about it some time ago and dismissed it on that basis. Admins let us know what your thought are
Some folk just like to show off their cars - they may not be offroaders or overlanders but just want to showcase their vehicles... We could simply post in the specific vehicle forums but I think I nice conglomoration (sp.) of threads would be a worthy addition to the site; even if some of the threads are duplicates...

No snags either way though :)

Va bene

EDIT: Where did that pop up from Paul ;-)

Here's me bouncing between cooker & pooter - now me white sauce has split... Perhaps we need a cooking section too!!!

Now where's that racey photo set of the wife got to...

Don't think it's such a bad idea then ;)
I was chatting to Andy Harvey a while back about a photo album type thing which ties into your user. Until then...

Watch this space... Well, the space above here. :geek:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I forgot to ask for a link there Paul... :cool:

Photo album sounds like an interesting alternative but dogs Les... Really??? ;) I kid...

On the album thing, would you be able to annotate with text or not?

Gavlad said:
On the album thing, would you be able to annotate with text or not?

I suspect you would. I'll have a look into it. The one issue I see is that we don't really want to host images because of the bandwidth. This is the reason we all use sites like photobucket and friends. I am not sure of there is an album which would allow you to link to other images. If we did that, it would not be much different from a normal post with pics.

For now, post away as normal. When we get the site up around it, with the album, we can rethink things.

Gavlad said:
do you think the addition of a section for our cars pics in the lounge would be worthwhile??

I second that suggestion

Back