Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The new T-Max Adventurer air compressor........

Somewhare in the back of my head I seem to think that DIN plugs are only rated @ 15Amps :think: :?:

I've just bought a handfull of 50Amp Anderson plugs to connect up my T-Max with :D

They are not very big only approx 50x37x16mm ish from memory :)

That's the one chase. Can't remember what the rating was though. Thought it was 25? Old head...

I've just finished fitting a pair of 50Amp Anderson connectors into my T-Max's feed cable & a 50Amp supply into Fiery's boot space terminated @ another 50Amp Anderson plug (or is it a socket :?: :? :) ) So I can plug my T-Max in without having to open the bonnet :thumbup: Oh & I poped a cheeky 20Amp accessory socket in while I was there :D

PB140061.jpg

PB140063.jpg

PB140064.jpg

Where are 'we' buying Anderson plugs from dude? They do look the thing to use...

Gav Peter said:
Where are 'we' buying Anderson plugs from dude? They do look the thing to use...
Try this seller on eBay, he's the one I got my stuff from :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:D Thanks dude...

So just to be sure, to make a connection, you need two of whatever your man is selling...

I've had some from that seller as well and they seem ok.

Gav Peter said:
:D Thanks dude...

So just to be sure, to make a connection, you need two of whatever your man is selling...
That's right, you need two, the plugs are identical (ie; both male and female) they are constructed so that they plug together, but don't try pushing the terminals into the plug before soldering the cable on, they are difficult to separate again, not impossible just difficult.

How funny :D That's the chap I bought 'em from as well :thumbup:

there are two in this months LRO mag - a 12Volt portable at £42.50 and a Heavy duty at £66.00

You guys have the heavy duty model?

Same brand have a 4' hi-lift type jack for £33.00

I'm gonna buy the jack cos its cheap, so can get the compressor inc in postage.

Pete

Steve, did you get anywhere with the compressor blowing off (ahoy ahoy) issues your created with the new PCL tyre inflator? I'm on the cusp of buying the same thing from your eBay man to fit on my Ironman compressor if he'll accept an offer...

Cheers

Gav Peter said:
Steve, did you get anywhere with the compressor blowing off (ahoy ahoy) issues your created with the new PCL tyre inflator?
Ermm... :think: Yes & No :D As you know I replaced all of the Ozy Nitto open fittings that the compressor came supplied with for PCL closed ones. Now with nothing connected, when the pump is running it almost constantly blows off @ the pressure relief valve (it's quite loud & a bit distressing till you get used to it)! If you then use it with the PCL inflator connected it blows off slightly less frequently as this has a 1.8meter fly pipe fitted to it & so acts as a bit of a reservoir. Likewise when the 5meter extension hose is fitted as well it blows of even less frequently still (almost tolerable). Whenever you have the PCL tyre inflator fitted you do have the option of pulling the trigger & venting the compressed air to atmosphere while you're between tyres or chatting. I had considered fitting a pressure switch (available from Matt Savage) via a pneumatic pipe ‘T’ fitting (also available from Matt Savage) to the air outlet pipe @ the point the flexi hose is attached to the compressor. I thought that I may be able to hide the pressure switch inside the black cover that the main On/Off switch is fitted into, so I removed the cover for a look inside to see if there would be enough room for the pressure switch. To my surprise there is a relay inside it that the pump is switched through via the main On/Off switch. It looks as though there would be just about enough room inside for a pressure switch to fit wired in series with the main On/Off switch. Haven’t got around to doing this mod as yet & to be honest for the amount I will be using the pump I’m comfortable with the blowing off for now as I’ve had a chance to use it with the new PCL set up a few times now while it’s blowing off & it’s not so bad. I may still do the pressure switch mod, but I’m not in any rush.

I've used the pump with this set up to re-inflate Fierys tyres to road pressures after a days laneing a couple of times now, blow up three inflatable chairs for the kids @ Christmas & blow up the tyres on the Volvo before we all went away for New Year & I'm happy/comfortable with how it all works for now :D :thumbup:

Hope this helps :)

Gav Peter said:
Ironman compressor
Really :?: Ironman :?:

sae70 said:
Really :?: Ironman :?:
Really :!: Ironman :!:

I must try it out sometime - I've only looked at it & not even tried it in anger unlike your thorough test of the T-Max... :oops:

Will do - they appear to do absolutely everything... Split charging systems, first aid kits, tyre repair kits - all [strike:4ddu5y5z]directly ripped off[/strike:4ddu5y5z] very similar to bits & bobs made by regular household 4x4 brandnames!!! :cool:

Can you get spares for the t-max?

I ask as I have a "copy" of an earlier version of yours and it sucked a valve through the piston after only a few uses, and I cannot get spares for it at all.

I currently run the twin piston t-max that's about 3/4 years old and that's been really good. I have a modded fire extinguisher with air ports in the top that are incompatible with the t-max at the moment so very useful info on the mod you have done. just need to fit a safety valve to that and I can fill the tank up as I go along and do the tyres faster then :)

i got an ironman catalogue in an australian 4x4 magazine and the compressor they sell is identical to the one i bought from paddocks landrover shop just with an ironman sticker on. like has already been said a lot of the ironman stuff is just re-badged. but i guess it must be of a certain quality for them to put there name to it.

this is my compressor, its good but.......................the gauge is not very inaccurate, and the wires with the crocodile clips on need to be longer because they pull off the battery if i try and inflate the rear tyres.

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/NEW_PRO ... essor.html

That looks like my first one, wonder if they can get spare valves and pins for them ?

Back