Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The next forum bargain (Maybe)

Jon Wildsmith said:
I ran a power wire from my aux fuse box in the rear of the truck, through the OEM rubber conduit into the tailgate and through the tailgate structure with the OEM wires. It was a bit of a fiddle but just needed a bit of patience. :(
I put another cable through there by using an existing cable to pull two cables through, then using one of those to pull the original one back again. :thumbup:

6000003.jpg

My lights just arrived after 3 weeks!
In Chas's original picture they look like carbon fibre so I thought, if they're good enough for Chas........!

They are however, made from recycled supermarket plastic bags! They wouldn't last 10 mins in the truck if it was driven over a speed bump, let alone on a bumpy, corrugated dirt road; in addition 17 of the 36 LEDS don't work, leaving an intriguing pattern than reads ..

f95f9d5c6947fb0320a8051e078d1450.png

That was £5.99 well spent then :clap: :doh:

Went to local caravan shoppe (sic) but couldn't find anything suitable.... off to the chandlers me thinks!

Olazz said:
6000003.jpg

My lights just arrived after 3 weeks!In Chas's original picture they look like carbon fibre so I thought, if they're good enough for Chas........!They are however, made from recycled supermarket plastic bags! They wouldn't 10 mins in the truck if it was driven over a speed bump, let alone on a bumpy, corrugated dirt road; in addition 17 of the 36 LEDS don't work, leaving an intriguing pattern than reads ..That was £5.99 well spent then :clap: :doh:
You must have been unlucky with your one, all my LED's work :lol: mine didn't have Tesco's or Sainsburys written on them :lol: :lol: and maybe I'd better stick to the tarmac then :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only guess LED's don't emit the wave lengths of light that insects like? I expect someone on here knows for sure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:thumbup: I think most "white light" LEDs don't emit infra-red, which insects are sensitive to.

I've found another use for one of those LED panels that replace bulbs in car interior lights, my desk lamp (runs off a transformer) had about 50 LED's many of which had failed and a few others were blinking, so I thought maybe one of those 36 LED panels would work, I removed a few from the centre and araldited the panel in, it's even brighter than the original glass type LED's.

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0025-1.jpg

:thumbup:

Back