Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The PANZUR is BACK!

Va PANZUR

Country Flag
united_states
Greetings and salutations one and all!

I had to take an unanticipated, and UNWANTED hiatus from the forum. In late Oct 2019 while driving my beloved '02 100 Series in the rain, I experienced a hydroplane that resulted in the vehicle being totaled... I was shaken up but unharmed. She was a GREAT vehicle and my family had countless fond memories as she carried us over many miles.

Shortly afterwards, the search started for a replacement. I was surprised as to how expensive Land Cruisers had become over the last 17 years! Undetered my wife and I looked high and low for a new, Cert Pre Owned Cruiser. We saw several but found extensive undercarriage rust in them all... Given the limited number of available vehicles, exorbitant costs we started looking (perish the thought!) at Sequoias and Tundras as a replacement vehicle.

Test drives showed clearly us why they were so much cheaper than Cruisers. You really DO get what you pay for!

So after getting home from an another disappointing trip to a local Toyota dealership, I found something that caught my eye.

Low and behold, a Toyota dealer - 2 hours away, had a 2018, Cert Pre Owned Cruiser for sale, AND she was the same color as our previous one - Onyx Blue!!

We were at the dealership w/in 24 hours and left the dealership with the new clunky key fobs in hand! She had an immaculate undercarriage and less than 30k miles!! the engine and power train remained virtually unchanged in the 200 series, so she still sounds and feels like her older cousin. But the 200 has a LOT of "bells and whistles" that my wife are still trying to get accustomed to.

All's well, ends well. I'm happy to be back in the fold, and even happier to have a new "Panzur" sitting proudly in our driveway!!!

Back