Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

Lib, Lab, or Con.

One comment I do agree with made by Chris is, "It would be nice if this thread just died quietly now" as 'in my humble opinion' it's all getting a bit boring. The other part of the comment Chris made was "but I guess it won't" .... and it won't. :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Or, in other words it's getting just like 'Facebook':thumbdown:

:text-merryxmas::text-happynewyear:

Whatever your concerns regardless of which side of the fence you sit we now have for the first time in a very long time a government which is acutely aware it can and will be held to account and a far more politically aware electorate .

There's a way to go yet and 5 years isn't long enough to make an improved difference to the areas that need it most , not while we reassess our relationship with the EU anyway and not during a global downturn .

People everywhere want change and here in the UK its day 1 of the decade yet to be named .

I remember the Unions Clive. My Dad worked as an aircraft fitter in the early fifties and even during Tory rule they held sway. It was a closed shop and my dad had to literally down tools even at the slightest problem. It made him so ill he had to go to bed for 6 months to recover. He got a job repairing things on a farm for the rest of his life. After that I've had a hatred of Unions. In 1972 I joined the Valuation Office of the Civil Service. I was the only one in Britain not in the Union. They were a good idea when formed but became like a dictator.

I remember the Unions Clive. My Dad worked as an aircraft fitter in the early fifties and even during Tory rule they held sway. It was a closed shop and my dad had to literally down tools even at the slightest problem. It made him so ill he had to go to bed for 6 months to recover. He got a job repairing things on a farm for the rest of his life. After that I've had a hatred of Unions. In 1972 I joined the Valuation Office of the Civil Service. I was the only one in Britain not in the Union. They were a good idea when formed but became like a dictator.

Absolutely Frank. In the early 80’s working at L**d R***r Ltd., it was a closed shop (how democratic that was) and the production guys were in the TGWU and I was a member of APEX. Whenever they called a strike, the blockade went across the gate letting nobody through. Of course, LRL wouldn’t accept that APEX members should give way to a TGWU blockade, so we were expected to somehow get in to work.
I’m not arguing with @goodoldboy ’s point above, but in my opinion and experience, the shop floor workers at LRL when I was there were the laziest good for nothing suckers going, but of course there were exceptions. They would steal anything not nailed down and sleep on the job (especially night shift) and they earned good money. They called a strike for the slightest thing (usually nothing to do with wages) just to have extra holiday time off with pay. Unbelievable state of affairs. Glad those days are over.

Only strike i ever seen was English workers imported to the Isle of Man to build a new hospital under contract to the government all getting paid twice the locals rate and they wanted more .

Boss said i had to take a week off without pay , i said bollocks im driving an 8.5 tonne digger i will be on site in 20 minutes and i will be paid on Friday .

By the end of the week the strike instigators had been identified and deported .

Screenshot_20191213-211952.jpg

Not mine, but says it all really.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ahh, shame but I think you're supposed to put a continuous line through all of the boxes too....

On another forum I am on, the mod's can move a thread to the bilges when it has become silly or has gone past its sell by date. We could have a sump.

On another forum I am on, the mod's can move a thread to the bilges when it has become silly or has gone past its sell by date. We could have a sump.
No one is forcing you to take part , you can always ignore this thread

Anger not apathy has been identified in one study as the main motive for abstentions

Attachments

• spoilt-ballot-1.pdf
    342.6 KB · Views: 40
Somebody once said "we need a peoples vote" . . . well the people have spoken now!

3381AA24-4010-490A-8333-8D5A6ECA3C9B.jpeg

The people have spoken - but with the first past the post voting system what the people have said isn’t representative.

Absolutely Frank. In the early 80’s working at L**d R***r Ltd., it was a closed shop (how democratic that was) and the production guys were in the TGWU and I was a member of APEX. Whenever they called a strike, the blockade went across the gate letting nobody through. Of course, LRL wouldn’t accept that APEX members should give way to a TGWU blockade, so we were expected to somehow get in to work.
I’m not arguing with @goodoldboy ’s point above, but in my opinion and experience, the shop floor workers at LRL when I was there were the laziest good for nothing suckers going, but of course there were exceptions. They would steal anything not nailed down and sleep on the job (especially night shift) and they earned good money. They called a strike for the slightest thing (usually nothing to do with wages) just to have extra holiday time off with pay. Unbelievable state of affairs. Glad those days are over.
yes Clive ive heard similar stories from car factories but also stories from Jaguar of Olympic levels of bodging ordered by bosses & negligence and indifference by management that bordered on the criminal.
the big unions in the 70s were , and still are to an extent bureaucratic & undemocratic with paid officials putting their interests first and regularly selling out those they are supposed to represent.
All the rights we have as workers wer 'nt handed out by magnanimous bosses they were won by strikes & struggle.Take a look at the USA to see what happens when unions are defeated or have completely sold out.

So Zac Goldsmith made a peer. And despite losing his seat is remaining housing minister.

But in other news we’re definitely going to be rid of those unelected bureaucrats next year and the big shake up in British politics will be upon us.

As a full-on remainer I’m not at all convinced that many of those Labour voters could count as remain.
Quite possibly not - but they were in support of a second referendum... which would have give more of a chance for a remain outcome versus a general election. This is of course is why the conservatives pushed for it.

13,966,451 voted for one man with one message for one reason .

Same as they did in our European elections . A 3 nil score and still some doubt what the majority want ?

Back