Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

the pitfalls of sharing a spotify account.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
so, i was happily cruising along in the 80 listening to a ACDC track far to loud. then, all of a sudden, "what does the fox say" belted out of the speakers even louder! i nearly jumped out of my seat.

google it if your not familiar with this really annoying kids song.

you have been warned...

Hahaha That song was the bane of my live for a few weeks thanks to the kids.
One of the funniest driving moments I had was pulling up to the traffic lights and the guy next to me in his Aston convertible was playing
"dontcha wish your girlfriend" by the pussycat dolls. He may as well have been driving a Lada Samara as all credibility just vanishes when you play stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally just get a message from the boss saying what the hell are you listening to...

Currently, I'd recommend Sabotage Radio:

That's been played quite loudly for me and the dog to enjoy this arvo - bugger the neighbours...

Hahaha That song was the bane of my live for a few weeks thanks to the kids.
One of the funniest driving moments I had was pulling up to the traffic lights and the guy next to me in his Aston convertible was playing
"dontcha wish your girlfriend" by the pussycat dolls. He may as well have been driving a Lada Samara as all credibility just vanishes when you play stuff like that.
Don't mind baby shark. Rather catchy..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm not sure what spotify is but the story reminds me of something called radio when i was a kid , but thankfully some genius invented tape cassettes :dance:

I normally just get a message from the boss saying what the hell are you listening to...

Currently, I'd recommend Sabotage Radio:

That's been played quite loudly for me and the dog to enjoy this arvo - bugger the neighbours...
Some good old school there Ed.
Taking me right back to the 90s and beyond.

Spotify is pretty recent for me so been really enjoying it. Had NWA and ice cube blasting out of the 80 on a few occasions...

Still got all the chems, left field, massive attack etc etc on CD. I actually play them on my 24 year old ghetto blaster that used to go everywhere with me. It's got a blown sub speaker, but I just can't part with it.
Far too sentimental..

Oh, re descover exit planet dust. stonking album from the chems.

Last edited:
Once, I shared my Spotify account with a friend, and he hacked all my SM accounts, so I lost all my friends online, and I'm not even talking about my subscribers.

Hey there! I just stumbled across your post and had to chuckle at the thought of ""What Does the Fox Say"" unexpectedly blaring through your speakers. I totally get the pitfalls of sharing a Spotify account - it's such a personal thing, and everyone has their own unique taste in music.
Personally, I don't share any of my accounts with anyone. But, I have discovered some ways to boost my accounts and get more out of them. I recently came across this website called streamingfamous.com, which has some great tips and tricks for optimizing your streaming accounts and getting the most out of them.

Last edited:
I will never understand why people get paid to waffle meaningless rubbish over good music .

Its nothing short of astonishing that the BBC's highest paid waffler earns over a million a year and qualifies for it (they claim) because he used to kick a bag of wind around 2 or 3 decades ago ?

I guess spotify sharing is like letting someone who you can't throw out of the car at high speed mess around with the dials ?

lol at this thread being bumped.

I will never understand why people get paid to waffle meaningless rubbish over good music .

Its nothing short of astonishing that the BBC's highest paid waffler earns over a million a year and qualifies for it (they claim) because he used to kick a bag of wind around 2 or 3 decades ago ?

I guess spotify sharing is like letting someone who you can't throw out of the car at high speed mess around with the dials ?
yeah, for the most part talking over the start of a track, ruining the intro, which is often one of the best bits.

yep, any diehard football fan could easily do his job for a fraction of that amount, and be grateful, appreciative and realise what a privileged position they are in.

Last edited:
Back