Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Pyrenees, July 2019

Bert

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello folks. So we are off to the Pyrenees again in July, with one to two friend's coming along. The wife and I in my KZJ95, one mate in his old Defender 90 and the other in his Jeep Rubicon.
The plan this year is to do coast to coast (west to east) at a nice appreciative pace, enjoying the sun, dust and scenery.
I know it's early to post, but I thought I'd start now. If you have an interest in what we're packing and taking along, let me know and I'll start adding photos of our preparations.
Happy days are coming.

Excellent. Only done the Pyrenees once, but I'd go again in a heartbeat. Quite stunning and probably years worth of exploring.

Hi Bert,
We've done the coast to coast a few years ago. Very nice!
Just watch out with the fire hazard. If it's hot and dry, they will probably close a lot of forest tracks.

We did this one, a bit more towards the french border, really beautiful:
http://www.voyage4x4.com/Espagne/Transpyreneenne.php
The wikiloc one you are planning got very good comments.
Ah that one. It was recommended to us on our first trip, but we couldn't plan it out in time, nor did we have any modern technology to assist us. We ended up scouting around the Espot area, stunning.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
google maps works fine, and with the my maps app you can plan the route and follow it easy. It will work off line as well.

google maps works fine, and with the my maps app you can plan the route and follow it easy. It will work off line as well.

Hi

When I last tried to use Google maps, I had an issue loosing my planned route if I lost internet connection. I couldn't find away to download routes and use them offline like you can with the maps. Has that changed or did I miss a setting to be able to do this.

G.

https://roamingtheamericas.com/guide-google-my-maps-trip-planning/
this explains the whole thing. The idea is you start the app while you have internet access . Also there are some settings on in Gooogle maps where you can select some map parts to be available offline , and they will be saved permanently on your phone/ tablet, it will only ask you maybe every 2 weeks to do an update with the changes.
I used this for 2 weeks in Spain.
The funny thing is that after a while the bloody thing sees that you are mostly off road and for while after, when I wanted to find a route to a supermarket or hotel after the track ended it would plot a route trough farms.. over the fields..:) ..

Back