The Rubicon

That looks like good fun, nice photos.

Cool!

image.jpg

Awesome pics Ryan. :clap:

Something else to add to my bucket list. :icon-wink:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now that looks like fun!

Sounds like a bargain cost wise. Especially given you're driving someone else's highly modified truck!

Brilliant photos btw.

I have to say it was worth every penny. I was in a 2006 wrangler rubicon with 4" lift and on 35's. the rubicon has the extra low gearing and that was very impressive. You can put it in first low and it literally crawls along at a snails pace, which was good in the rocks.

I managed to get about 9hrs worth of footage on my gopro so when I'm back I should hopefully be able to put a half decent clip together.

The really cool thing about that trail is that about 80% of it is tough going and proper offroading. It just doesn't let up, so it's not like your driving for hours just to do a few cool bits. The whole thing is just nuts.

The big question is are you going to be trading in the cruiser for jeep or do you think a cruiser could do such a trail??

Awesome photos Ryan, looks like you had a really great trip.

The big question is are you going to be trading in the cruiser for jeep or do you think a cruiser could do such a trail??

You have got to be kidding Americans love the LR Defender because it is so strongly built :shock: :think::laughing-rolling:

My cruiser on 35's could do this, and many have already, but it would take a beating because of the lack of super low gearing. That's where the Rubicon wWrangler does shine, it comes with crawler gears as standard. If I lived stateside I think I'd be rolling around in one. The aftermarket options are immense. You want 37's and a long travel fox shocks, no problem. The kit exists already. So yes I think for a toy I could be swayed. But for an overland vehicle, no thanks ill stick with my 80.

You thinkin' of Zebra striping the 80 yet punk?? Suits you sir :lol:

Back