Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Sick Children's Trust

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Crispin has very kindly given me permission to create this thread to give those of you that wish to the opportunity to make a donation to a charity that helped our family very much, the Sick Children's Trust when our last two children Daniel & Eliza (twins) were born three months premature.

Here is the link to my wifes JustGiving page with more detail and here is a link to our own private locked blog http://juliaellis.co.uk/ that we did at the time to keep family & friends up to date with with daily progress, you can unlock all of the photos & blog with the pass code 2510 :) Bear in mind that this is a blog so the last entry appears first!

Pleased don't feel obliged to make a donation, but if this is something that is close to your own heart or you feel you would like to make a donation I know that every penny will be put to very good use :)

Here is some more detail that I've copied & pasted from my wife's JustGiving page.

The Sick Children's Trust believes that no child should be separated from their family whilst in hospital receiving treatment for serious illness. They have seven "homes from home" at major hospitals around the country, each providing clean, comfortable accomodation for families for seriously ill children.

When Daniel & Eliza were born 12 weeks early in October 2008, they were immediately transferred to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Addenbrookes Hospital, 50 miles from home. I went with them and intitially stayed on the maternity ward there, and was then given a room in NICU. This was great because I could be with them, but not so great because the rooms were allocated to those with the most unwell child, or children.

In a way it was a relief to be evicted from my NICU room, as it was a sign that they were improving, but then we had 2 critically ill babies, a long way from home, and I wasn't allowed to drive... We also had their older brother to consider.

I was lucky enough to be given a room at Acorn House, run by the Sick Children's Trust. It was rather like being in the Big Brother house, in that there were many families living together there, with our own bedrooms and sharing the large living and kitchen area. We all had one thing in common though, a desperate need to be near our children as much as possible, and to be able to get to them immediately if we got the dreaded call from the ward.

I am extremely grateful for the charity I received from the Sick Children's Trust, and have seen at first hand how they help to keep families with seriously ill children together. It's not something that I ever thought I would need, but having needed it, have picked this charity to raise funds for.

This time last year I struggled to run for a train, so 10k is a big run for me. If you would like to make a donation it would be very much appreciated and be going to a wonderful charity that I hope you will never need.

There is more information about how Daniel & Eliza started their lives at http://www.juliaellis.co.uk. The password is 2510.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

Back